PDA

View Full Version : Where Are Flyjet?

jmc_757-200
1st May 2003, 02:52
Hi,
I was just wondering if anybody can tell me where Flyjet is as they where supposed to be launching this month.

From there website-
Welcome to Flyjet, a new UK airline commencing flying in April 2003.

At MAN there code is posted on there terminal lists.

Thanks

jmc_757-200

mudcity
1st May 2003, 17:46
Start date now 12th MAY....ALLEGEDLY !

jmc_757-200
1st May 2003, 22:45
Hi,
Thanks for your help. I hope they do start on May 12th. :rolleyes:

Thanks

jmc_757-200

BAe 146-100
1st May 2003, 22:50
Hi,

I wish them the best of luck :D.

Regards
BAe 146-100

jmc_757-200
1st May 2003, 23:21
Hi,
I am looking forward to seeing them ot MAN.

Thanks

jmc_757-200

JKP505
1st May 2003, 23:21
Does anyone know who they are operating for (tour operators)?

Too Few Stripes
1st May 2003, 23:42
They will be an independant charter operator, picking up work from any of the tour operators that have excess flights to cover - at least that's what I was told!

HTH,

TFS ;)

BAe 146-100
1st May 2003, 23:52
Hi,

I'm also looking forward to seeing them at MAN. Do you think they will be successful?

Regards
BAe 146-100

irishcc
2nd May 2003, 03:27
Flyjet are on the departures board for a FAO from DUB today !

jmc757
2nd May 2003, 04:20
About the tour operators. I heard they were operating for Mark Warner among others. Don't really know who Mark Warner are, they have a website www.markwarner.co.uk (http://www.markwarner.co.uk) . Apparently Mark Warner suually use a lot of Monarch seats, but wrote to their customers saying Monarch had sub-contracted the work!! (Which wasn't true, MON have nothing to do with FlyJet, Mark Warner had got cheaper seats from FlyJet so used them).
On departures to FAO today!!! Was there another aircraft subbing that?? May start-up!!!?? Is there even any sign of aircraft yet!?

Oh well, good luck to em ;)

jmc757

BAe 146-100
2nd May 2003, 05:09
Hi,

Does anyone know how sucessful there first flight was?

Regards
BAe 146-100

Flightrider
8th May 2003, 04:48
It doesn't sound as though they are moving forwards at a particularly fast rate.

According to some reports, their first 757 (ex Airtours G-LCRC, leased from Ansett) is at Lasham and in bits. Thursday's flight to Lemnos and next Monday's flight to Kalamata have been subbed out and the story is that "engine troubles" are preventing their operation by FlyJet. Whilst I suppose this strictly is true, it appears as though the aircraft doesn't actually have one of its engines fitted at the moment, CofA has expired and even if the engine was fitted and CofA in force, there isn't an AOC yet on which to fly it.

The website still says that they aim to start flying in April 2003!

jmc_757-200
8th May 2003, 05:02
Hi,
Thanks for the information. I really do hope they can get airborne some time soon!

Thanks

jmc_757-200

Eurekadelta
9th May 2003, 00:42
They have been having to charter in other airlines for all the flights that they were supposed to operate - up to and including the 12th of May. But my understanding is that they do not yet have their AOC.

However, since they have been honouring their commitments until now they must be pretty close to getting their own aoc.

mudcity
9th May 2003, 15:27
B757 at Lasham needs a new engine...still no aoc...hope to start ops now May 19th
I hope all the tour operators who went for the cheapest option are happy !

Flightrider
9th May 2003, 17:29
Latest - aircraft is at Lasham and was supposed to be being sprayed into FlyJet colours this weekend. The spray has been postponed by the leasing company and no-one seems to know why.

An engine is still awaited from America for the aircraft which currently has only one engine attached, but the interior configuration has been completed and part of the stabiliser has been replaced after corrosion problems.

Yesterday's Lemnos operated with Excel, Monday's Kalamata is going My Travel.

bmibaby.com
13th May 2003, 04:13
I'm friends with someone in our village who used to be a 757 captain with Thomas Cook until February, and is now with the new start-up.

Apparently, the airline has its own AOC and is planning to start operations now on the 24th May after the PR department handed its schedule down from 24th April to the 12th May to 24th May.

Its because of difficulties in doing final checks and getting the new interiors and exteriors on the airline's two Boeing 757s that are ex-MyTravel (?) which are apparently at Lasham or Manston he forgets which, but in the meantime MYT are carrying out the airline's schedules from LGW and I think MAN.

Hope it helps!

Thunderball
15th May 2003, 19:51
I understand it's now a done deal - FlyJet will fly. Good luck to them.

Flightrider
15th May 2003, 22:58
Thunderball

I suspect that may be a bit premature. It now appears as though the start date has drifted back into late June after a couple of weeks of coasting back by a few days at a time. Tour operators not happy. Air Scandic operating today's Lemnos - another quality operation.

:rolleyes:

LGWAlan
16th May 2003, 17:40
Have a friend going out to KLX on a Mark Warner hol on Monday - with Astraeus flight numbers - does this mean that they have changed this - or subbed it out? Or do Mark Warner have 2 flightsd out to KLX form LGW on Monday?

Eurekadelta
16th May 2003, 19:36
All FlyJet operations until the middle of next week have been subbed out to various airlines. And since they still do not seem to have either an AOC or their second engine, this could go on for some time.

LGWAlan
16th May 2003, 19:55
i guess this will also be the case for another week then - as their return tickets show AEU flights.

Flightrider
16th May 2003, 20:06
AEU do operate some flights for Mark Warner in their own right. Think the KLX is one of them - if I remember rightly, Mark Warner have an AEU 737 and FJE 757 running side by side on this route because you can't get a big bus into KLX for some apron or runway restriction.

Ron Glum
17th May 2003, 18:44
Flightrider quote - "Air Scandic operating todays Lemnos - another quality operation :rolleyes: "

I know this topic is on Flyjet which I will come to in a minute but I would like to reply to the above quote.
Flightrider do you know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Due to a poor 2002, mainly on the A300, Air Scandic has invested money this year to improve the product. So far for 2003 our on time record must be 90% +. Many passengers (this year) have complimented us on our service, product etc, praising us above certain larger carriers. So please don't roll your eyes at our airline - thank you ! :p

Back to the original topic. I believe that Flyjet has been using Air Scandic's wet leased 757 from Man.

I hope Flyjet has a successful 2003.

Ron

Thunderball
17th May 2003, 19:16
Flightrider

Understand your sceptiscm. However, my comment - "Flyjet will fly" -was prompted by information concerning a financial "event" involving Flyjet that occured on Thursday that, believe me, they would simply not have instigated if they were not proceeding. Sorry to talk in riddles - needs must.

Flightrider
18th May 2003, 05:05
Thunderball
Understood - I don't actually have any doubt that the airline will start, it's just a question of when . They need to sort this fairly quickly as their credibility is taking a knock at a time when tour operators are already thinking about Summer 2004 flying. The lack of any form of statement from them is also causing rumours to run riot, instead of trying to control the rumours through some pro-active news management.

Ron Glum
Yes, I had heard it said that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit.

The sarcasm wasn't entirely unjust. If Air Scandic has invested to sort the issues out, then good luck to them. However, on the basis of what's in the public domain to date, it ain't pretty. From the Air Transport Users' Council website, their punctuality in 2002 was:

% of flights delayed by +1 hour = 22.1% (industry average 10.0%)
Average delay = 47 minutes (industry average 24)

The reviews of Air Scandic at carsurvey.org - not necessarily representative of all of the passengers who flew with them, but not a bad straw poll, I think - are pretty awful almost without exception.

Heaven knows, they need to fix it and if they have, then good for them and long may they prosper. However, until they start reporting some decent results then my cynicism remains. Trust this clarifies the basis for my opinions.

jmc_757-200
22nd May 2003, 04:55
Hi,
Here is a piture of G-FJEA:

http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/4/1/4/355414.jpg

Looks good.

Thanks

jmc_757-200

expedite_climb
22nd May 2003, 18:44
Flightrider,

I believe you are correct, I took a 757 into KLX a few weeks ago, runway is fine (military), but the civil apron is tiny, smaller than ZTH ! Taxing onto it is like driving up somebodies front drive.

I didnt tell you that though - don't want to get arrested now do i ??

jmc_757 - looks almost ready then yesterday ?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/355414/M/

Flightrider
22nd May 2003, 23:09
or maybe they've just taken a photo of it "from its good side" - i.e. the one with an engine on it?

Seriously, does anyone know if the second engine is now in place?

jmc757
23rd May 2003, 05:19
Read on another website that their first flight FJE001T (T for test??) departed Lasham at 0910 yesterday and returned 56 minutes later. looks like they're finally getting there.... Good luck to em:ok:

jmc757

airsmiles
23rd May 2003, 06:11
Today's training flight from Lasham was to Bournemouth.

(not that it's particularly newsworthy)

Woofrey
28th May 2003, 16:56
GFJEA arrived Gatwick yesterday 1029. Proving flight to GLA today.

Flightrider
29th May 2003, 18:03
Proving flight now taking place today (Thursday 29th) as aircraft went tech yesterday.

flyboy76
4th Jun 2003, 04:33
Any more news? Heard a rumour they were having some "cashflow problems"

jmc757
4th Jun 2003, 23:48
I heard from another website (a.net) that Electra 757 SX-BVN had operated Manchester to PFO on Flyjet's behalf! Was an hour late! (keeping up with the air-scotland performance!).

Heard that on Sunday (jun 1st). Don;t know whether it was FJE flight?? Thats my latest.

Anyone else with anything?
jmc757

BOTFOJ
5th Jun 2003, 22:41
looking for subs up to 11 jun

JB007
6th Jun 2003, 01:48
Rumour Control Out Of Control...!!!!
Very amusing reading though!.....

Woodman
6th Jun 2003, 15:08
May I make a guess that the problem isn't with the technical side of the AOC but with the financial side.
The CAA require a new airline to show they have enough cash to operate with three months without any income and to have a strong enough business plan to last for two years using very conservative measures. All this comes from an EU Directive on the subject. Once you have this sorted they will issue an air operator's licence. You can get an AOC by satisfying the flight ops and engineering inspectors but you can't use it without the licence from the bean counters.

Flightrider
6th Jun 2003, 16:37
But do we know 100% for sure that all is well on the technical side?

On the finance side, Woodman is absolutely correct. It is possible that the CAA - having seen how much Flyjet are spending on subs from Electra, Air Scandic, Icelandair et al - are asking for an increase in the level of funding for the business given that the start-up costs must surely have escalated beyond all expectations. Not only would they have to finance the ongoing operation once it is up and running, they would have to ensure that the pre start-up losses are covered by funding.

Sean Dillon
7th Jun 2003, 01:33
Flightrider - having read most of your posts you seem to be rather against FJE or certainly keen to kick them down...!!!

Is it because they have taken alot of your business ? They certainly have a large % of your cabin crew that aren't a happy bunch I understand....

You should be welcoming the competition to 3rd party tour ops - if your up to it!!!!

skid
8th Jun 2003, 16:59
Can anyone give me an update on flyjet operating its wed11th flight to preveza.? Should I bring sleeping bags to the airport!!

On the tech side, the aircraft, being ex Mytravel is bound to be fairly knackered before its even started operations, thank god though, its not one of our old a320's that they've got!!!

hot chock brock
10th Jun 2003, 03:34
Hi folks,
I work for flyjet as a sccm to be based at man.To help clear up a few points the manchester a/c will be on line around 26 june,this has always been the plan and we finish our training this week.The CAA approval should be tomorrow (tuesday)to operate the PVK on wednesday out of LGW.The Man a/c will be signed for this week.All crews are raring to go !!

expedite_climb
10th Jun 2003, 05:36
skid - hmm always seemed to read loads of ASR's in our monthly bulletin about the MYT / AIH 757's !!!

BOTFOJ
10th Jun 2003, 21:29
Skid - you will be flying on something other than Flyjet on the 11th

homesick rae
11th Jun 2003, 03:30
hot chock brock

ex transjet crew?

Flightrider
12th Jun 2003, 02:09
Skid's PVK flight this morning got away on time on an Excel 767. Despite subbing, there actually haven't been signs of major delays on FJE flights - many operated by Electra and Scandic.

SD (not a pseudonym is it?) - bemused and confused in equal measure as I don't follow your rabbitings about cabin crew and competition to tour operators, neither of which make a great difference to my daily existence. Comments on FJE have been out of surprise at how long it has taken to get going which I suspect has taken longer than anyone (including they) would have expected. If you care to read back I said that I didn't doubt that it would start, just a question of when. This is remarkably positive compared to some postings here by others and also your postings on other previous threads like the one you started suggesting that Air Scandic was closing down!! I presume that wasn't a thread prompted by vested interest?

Back to the topic at hand - does anyone know when they are likely to get their AOC?

JB007
15th Jun 2003, 15:18
Fly-Jet were awarded their AOC on Friday morning - as far as i'm aware most flights this weekend should have operated on G-FJEA.

Whalerider
16th Jun 2003, 02:45
Op an LGW - Cyprus flight this morning with their own 757.

Localiser Green
18th Jun 2003, 06:23
Well done to Flyjet for finally getting the AOC and getting in the air.

I wish them all the best in this tough marketplace.

Incidentally does anyone know what they are looking at re: longhaul ops? Their website states they are investigating this.

The 763 would be an ideal choice I suppose? Could get their hands on a few at low lease rates if Britannia (TUI should I say) order A332 later in the year as rumoured... Those BY763s are 1996/1997 build and newer if memory serves.

JB007
18th Jun 2003, 15:08
Service to India starts in November, (ex BHX I think!) to Amritsar.

HZ123
18th Jun 2003, 15:30
How long is the 75 leased for and at what cost and same question regarding the 76 if anyone knows. Surely it is extremely adventurous to start a longhaul service and particularly to India. Fortune favours the brave.

Localiser Green
18th Jun 2003, 17:58
"Service to India starts in November, (ex BHX I think!) to Amritsar"

Are they planning to do that with a 752 or lease a 76?

At 3,459nm great circle distance presumably only a 767 could make it non-stop?

DrSyn
19th Jun 2003, 11:31
LG, according to this (http://www.bhx.co.uk/press_release.cfm?id=277) press release, it will be a 757 on behalf of the catchily-named tour operator, Poo UK. . . . Also mentioned on another thread here.

LGWAlan
19th Jun 2003, 18:38
According to the BHX werbsite - the flights will start and finish at LGW - what a nightmare routing that's gonna be