PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Texas FAA

jamup
30th Apr 2003, 12:06
Hi

Has anybody done the FAA license here at Texas , if so can u tell me how they are , whether they are busy or not , and the quality of trainng , attitude of the instructors , and the qaulity of there material such as aprtmnets , fleet and will they overcharge.

has anybody found jobs afterwrds ,

reply appriciated

JAMDOWN

rjag
1st May 2003, 05:48
Hi,

I did my intrument, commercial and ME training there. Can't complain...training was pretty good, instructors are nice and their standars are very good too. I belive changed their fleet and planes are well mantained and always in good conditions.

These people do training for BA pilots so you may have to wait for t/o and landing once in a while. When I was training they had about 50 students doing JAA training and it was pretty interesting, it was kinda DFW airspace but for small a/c. It was fun !

Their aprts are ok but you can pair up with someone and look for better aprts in the area, try Quail Creek in Kensay Dr., they are pretty nice, clean, nice pool and nice girls in office and complex.

It's a good place for training since there is nothing to do at night, unless you like country music and dancing or enjoy going to the movies...it's a dry county and most people are christian..very calm town.

Enjoy,

rjag

INMARSAT
1st May 2003, 11:20
RJAG

did you do the fAA , and what are u doing now? , is the course fee cheap and will they exactly take you through the course within that money ?