PDA

View Full Version : hour building

muck-savage
30th Apr 2003, 05:14
I have a jar ppl with the aim of reaching atpl standards
I want to do some hour building in america
Can i fly FAA hours which are cheaper or is it that you have to fly
everything in jar approved schools.
I am from Ireland and the relevant authorities here tell me that you hour building has to be in a jar approved school and If I log FAA hours they will not count towards the 150hrs

Can ayone help me please !

FlyingForFun
30th Apr 2003, 16:18
No, you can log any flying time - the school you hire from makes no difference at all. You can even buy your own aircraft for hour-building if you want.

The only thing you can't log is safety-pilot time - FARs allow you to log this, but not JARs. That's the only potential source of confusion that I'm aware of.

FFF
---------------

Send Clowns
30th Apr 2003, 22:40
Hell my PPL was FAA, but no-one even looked askance at it. As long as you fly them, as P1 or under instruction from a qualified instructor locally authorised to teach you, you log them!

Onan the Clumsy
2nd May 2003, 02:21
Just nit picking I guess, but just a qualified CFI who can get the keys would be sufficient. There's no "local authourisation" that I can think of.

I did some time building with a part 135 operation and it worked out well for me, but I think they want commercial and instrument first. You can get those here without too much difficulty though.

We had this one young man who arrived with about 300hrs, did the time building, then got approved for PIC and went home with about 1000 hours, 700 of them multi. He had the right attitude though and just flew whenever he could. Nice bloke he was.

Caveat: I have no idea what the current visa situation is.

expedite_climb
2nd May 2003, 06:32
By locally authorised i guess he means an FAA instructor in the states, UK instructor in uk etc etc.