PDA

View Full Version : oxford

flying jocks
29th Apr 2003, 22:56
I would like to hear from anybody who has been successful in getting a job through OATS using their website link "Oxford graduates who want a job click here".

Very catching I admit, but frankly a lot of rubbish!!! Any potential student who is foolhardy enough to apply to any school on the strength of this marketing guff does not deserve any kind of pilot position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yuk: :yuk:

lovefly1968
30th Apr 2003, 20:08
Do you have the link? I would like a good laugh!

theharrier
1st May 2003, 05:37
Flying Jocks, I think you'll find that they are merely trying to help any past graduate who, for whatever reason, is still looking for their first position. Surely this is something for which they are to be commended? How many other schools do you know have a dedicated person to assist students with CV's, application forms, interview technique etc. whilst they are still completing their training, let alone when they have finished and left the school....

Especially given the current climate with regards to the aviation world generally, I think you'd agree that any assistance you can get in getting your foot in the door with any airline would be much appreciated. I really don't think you can knock Oxford for this!

theharrier

flying jocks
1st May 2003, 20:08
I take it from your response "the harrier" that you have been SUCCESSFUL in getting a job through this scheme? How many people hand on heart can say that it was through this scheme that they got jobs? Any organisation with any customer focus should provide some sort of after sales service anyway. This is nothing new.

What you have here is a clear crossing of the line on ethical advertising. Quite possibly an act of desparation by a company who is probably feeling the pinch. This company had better look out as I understand they have already been reprimanded by the advertising standards agency

drix51
3rd May 2003, 07:36
I agree with theharrier. It may not be as effective as the marketing suggests, but at least Oxford try. I think they deserve alot of credit for at least attempting to help graduates. As The Commander said " An FTO like Oxford needs to make an effort in building up some sort of relationship with (ideally) every airline in the UK" , i agree with you but they have to start somewhere. It will take time to build this up. Having said this i have to admit the "Oxford graduates who want a job click here" line is a bit ambitious, its not quite that easy ( i want one but don't have one ).:sad:

Johnny 7
3rd May 2003, 23:52
OAT already have a relationship with a number of U.K. airlines; They trained pilots for them for many years.

Electric Sky
4th May 2003, 07:50
Oxford have just employed a dedicated person to liaise with airlines to assist in placements. Ex BA chap with many years experience as I understand it. Fair play to Oxford, they are investing in their students futures by doing this.

ES ;)

Wee Weasley Welshman
4th May 2003, 18:09
You are of course paying for this chaps services.