PDA

View Full Version : Military markings to France - OK?

Kingy
29th Apr 2003, 20:29
Hi Chaps,

I'm planning to take my L4 Cub to France in the summer for a few days. The Cub operates on a CAA exemption to wear its original military markings.

My question is: Is there a reciprocal arrangement between 'us' and 'them' regarding the dispensation not to show the registration mark or do I have to apply to the French authorities?

The plane is on a PFA Permit to fly.

Thanks in advance

Kingy

camaro
29th Apr 2003, 20:32
Think you are okay, Kingy - only thing I know they don't allow are swastikas, which you won't have on your cub, of course.

FNG
29th Apr 2003, 20:36
I believe that you need permission, and that it's fairly easy to get it, but don't know how you obtain it (when I flew a military-painted Bulldog in France the owners had sorted out the permission). I bet that if you ask someone at PFA HQ they will know the answer.

Re swastikas, for those with Jungmenschen, certainly the display of the swastika is illegal in Germany. It may not be illegal in France, but it might be that permission would be difficult to obtain for a cabbage crate painted thus.

Mark 1
29th Apr 2003, 20:52
I believe that you do need official permission.

I have some contact details that may be of use:

DGAC. SFACT
50 rue Henri Farman, 75720 Paris, Cedex 15, France
Tel: 0033 158094504
Fax: 0033 158094017
E-mail: [email protected]

'hope this helps

QDMQDMQDM
29th Apr 2003, 22:33
Kingy,

Are you coming to the French piper club fly-in at Lisieux, June 12-15?

Zut alors!

QDM

CBG
30th Apr 2003, 00:11
You should not have any problem. After all, there are two cubs in US D-Day markings based in Lisieux, We have a Tiger Moth in RAF markings in Bernay - we never had any trouble.

If you are coming to Lisieux in June, I'll see you there. I'll be taking our black and yellow "lady Cat" cub to Lisieux on what will probably be my shortest flight to an away airfield: 10 minutes flight from our home base in Bernay

Kingy
30th Apr 2003, 00:18
QDM, CBG

I was just planning to stooge around northern France for a bit, but the fly-in sounds fun - where could I find out more details?

Best

Kingy

astir 8
30th Apr 2003, 15:47
Anyone know who one should contact in the CAA re putting ex military aircraft back in their original markings?

QDMQDMQDM
30th Apr 2003, 16:36
Kingy,

PM me with your email address and I'll email you back all the bumf.

QDM

camaro
30th Apr 2003, 17:15
Astir 8

Try here: CAA Military Markings Info (http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/aircraft_register/default.asp?page=136)