PDA

View Full Version : The Future ...

smartcol
29th Oct 2001, 15:47
I am currently training at Scabair , have done half my exams and 3/4 of my flying . I have been here for WAY too long nearly 20 months now and it is having a seriuos negative effect on me .
However , I am currently trying to pull myself together and look to the future .. Have been considering an Air-Taxi business , incorporating flight training and pleasure flights .
Does anyone have any hints or ideas as to how I would go about this , type of A/C , running costs , location and viability ..

On failing that , does anyone have any reasonable ideas as to what is on offer now for a newly qualified self-sponsor with around 250hours ???

Help ...

JT8
29th Oct 2001, 17:07
Smartcol, out of interest, are you doing the integrated course or modular? 20 months seems a long time. :confused:

Also, I've applied for the BE sponsorship, and am a bit concerned if Scabair are going to get through this difficult period - how do they seem to be coping at the moment?

JT8

smartcol
29th Oct 2001, 19:21
I started in March `01 , but got held back due to exam dificulties , has been stressful have seen the rest of my classmates ( All Sponsored ) finish and move on .

As far as Scabair goes , they are running at the moment , there aren`t enough instructors or enough aircraft , however if you make a nuisance of yourself you get taken seriously , there is a 'Priority to the Sponsored Ones' mentality though and a conformality to Scabairs way of RAF-ish mannerisms expected . There is no new course pencilled in for Jan , so don`t know how things are looking further down the line and Air2000 have also pulled the plug on their sponsorship , leaving Scabair thin on the ground ... good for us self-sponsors trying to get out though !!!

I would recommend you visit first ... you may not like what you see , it is by no means the nicest place to be !

LGL
29th Oct 2001, 20:21
SC,
Bit less time in the bars, more time in the books required maybe?
LG :D