PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Apps

hornet
29th Oct 2001, 14:38
I have just applied with ER, anybody out here who went for an interview recently ?
Also: is there good gouge on how military hours are converted ?
Lastly : any recommends for good prep ?

cheers !

dv8
29th Oct 2001, 14:44
hornet
Emirates = EK

scroggs
30th Oct 2001, 00:45
Hornet,
this forum deals, in the main, with ab-initio wannabes who are unlikely to be able to answer your questions - and I've never been to an EK interview! I suggest you try the 'Questions' or 'Middle East' forums. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mister Geezer
30th Oct 2001, 08:40
There is a book on EK interview procedures and what you are likely to expect during your trip to DXB. Transair had it in their last catalogue when I was browsing through it, a few months ago.

Try the Middle East forum here. EK application questions and discussions are frequently popping up and I remember reading about how they convert Mil time. Do a search on this site and read through past threads and you should find what you are looking for.

Very best of luck with EK!!!

MG :)

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: Mister Geezer ]

ERJ_145
31st Oct 2001, 00:34
EK minimum requirement now 6000 hours plus Med/Heavy Jet command time!!!!!!

Mister Geezer
31st Oct 2001, 02:13
ERJ-145 that requirement sounds like the minimum time required for command. Their website still indicates that 2500TT is the minimum time for joining.

However I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

MG

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: Mister Geezer ]

Donkey Duke
1st Nov 2001, 03:10
EK sounds like a great place to work--flying nice Airbuses out of a sunny and warm domicile. And maybe Tax free---too. Wow.
But that region is a little unstable right now. It might be safer to ferry C152's from
Lincolnshire to Newcastle---no flak jackets required. Cheers ! :)