PDA

View Full Version : How much

29th Apr 2003, 05:00
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how much money i would need to spend on Flying lessons to get my licences to be a professional pilot. Thanks

Best Regards

Notso Fantastic
29th Apr 2003, 06:13
There's a Wannabees Forum here. Why not do a bit of quiet research on your own first before shooting off questions? It sounds like a sudden prospective career change of mind! Learn how to use Google.com and how you can just type in key words to get answers you want.

DownIn3Green
29th Apr 2003, 08:03
I'm confused...has notso (very appropiate handle) been appointed as a moderator or not?

Seems to me 147 asked a question in the (duh?) "Questions" forum.

What's the problem?

147-you don't give enough details in your question to answer it accurately.

For instance, are you considering going full time or part time, and where are you considering (which country?) doing your training?

Whatever you decide, check out all available options as there are many people and companies willing to take your $$$ and offer little to nothing in return...

Good luck to you...

Genghis the Engineer
29th Apr 2003, 14:27

In addition to the hopefully good advice that you'll get here in between one or two of my colleagues bickering with each other, could I suggest you get hold of two booklets that you should find very helpful.

One is called something like "So you want to be a pilot" and is published by the British Women Pilots Association - don't worry if you are male, the rules are the same.

The second has a roughly similar title and is published by the Royal Aeronautical Society. Take a look at www.raes.org.uk and in particular http://www.raes.org.uk/ims/careers/CareersIn.htm; somewhere in there there's a downloadable book covering all the routes to professional piloting, the qualifications you need, what the job is like and the money angle (what it'll cost and what you'll make).

G

Notso Fantastic
29th Apr 2003, 21:33
Just a gentle suggestion perhaps the young man could try doing some research of his own and at least learning a bit about a prospective career before firing off questions!

DownIn3Green
30th Apr 2003, 01:13
Notso---

I think searching out this website and asking questions would be considered "a little research"...

And there is nothing "just a little gentle" about the tone of your suggestion.

Ever taken a CRM or MCC course? Didn't think so...

Notso Fantastic
30th Apr 2003, 01:29
Whatever. Let's not bore everyone to death with your little spat!

Bullet Tooth Tony
30th Apr 2003, 01:58

I see you have revently signed up tp PPRuNe, welcome. Don't be put off by unhelpful and rude replies to any questions that you may have in the future. We're not all as Fantastic as Notso but most of us will try and answer your questions with a little more tact and a lot more manners.

saudipc-9
30th Apr 2003, 02:25
Absolutely nothing if you join the Air Force. They will pay you:ok:
Other things to think about which would make a difference is where you do your training. I believe folks find it very expensive in the UK and some move to the US( on a temporary basis) to get cheaper training.
Best of luck and keep shooting:E

30th Apr 2003, 03:18
What is the Maximum age to join the Air Force. Thanks for all your replies.

Best Regards

sss
30th Apr 2003, 04:21
try looking here

http://www.raf.mod.uk/

Chuffer Chadley
30th Apr 2003, 20:53
Don't join the RAF just because you fancy flying! It's actually a jolly difficult way to get into aviation, and requires a lot of committment. And you will end up walking sideways.

As I clicked to reply to this thread, the Multiflight 'Zero to ATPL for £29950' ad popped up. Not sure what they're running, but for a ballpark fighure if you're prepared to go abroad and be a little creative should be AT LEAST £30k. It can cost significantly more if you chose to study and fly in this country with the likes of Oxford.

147- you've taken the right first step- PPRuNe has the best advice- if you know who to listen to.