PDA

View Full Version : Air2000 long haul

Psr777
29th Apr 2003, 04:35
Has anyone else heard the rumour that Air2000 are to outsource all their long haul routes?

Not sure if I believe it myself as they have just launched a flight to Aruba from LGW, but what do I know?

Anyone else have info? :ooh:

EGCC
29th Apr 2003, 04:40
Yeah, have to say I heard that from a guy at air2000 a few months ago. Loads on their long haul 767 flights have been badly hit over the past year.

Localiser Green
29th Apr 2003, 23:29
Flew Gatwick to Puerto Vallarta with them in October half term week last year. Let's just say for flight only it was a very good last minute deal, and the plane was by no means full in either direction.

I see the weekly MAN-PVR will not run this winter.

Having said this of course having booked with low expectations (16 hours outbound on a charter 763 with a 1hr leg stretch in SFB!) I was actually quite impressed with AMM.

Desk Driver
30th Apr 2003, 20:11
OK OK Lets not start a panic!

Air 2000 are not looking to put their long haul with other airlines.

There might be some consollidation of the odd flight or 2 which ALL Charters, are, have, or will be doing.

Most likely just tiding the program up ready for a new season.

As for the "By know means Full" comment. You will find that most Charter Flights were "By know means full " in the run up to and during the war.

Lets not accuse Air 2000 of doing something their not!

newswatcher
30th Apr 2003, 21:15
DD,

Aren't we stretching it a bit to include October in the "run up to war"?

surely not
1st May 2003, 05:39
From memory there wasn't much wrong with the Air 2000 loads ex LGW last year, short or long haul. Shoulder period flights are less congested for all charter airlines.....................school holidays etc being the main reason.
Quality airline and I wish them well.

Psr777
1st May 2003, 17:53
Hang on, Hang on.........Let's not get carried away here.

I didn't mean to start a panic. I simply asked if anyone else had heard that Air2000 were going to outsource their long haul.

A friend of mine who works for Air2000 heard the rumour himself, something to do with overheads and labour costs and it would be cheaper for a third party to do it, so why not cut costs, every other company in the tourism/airline industry is.

Then as I pointed out, I wasn't sure if this is the truth as Air2000 has just launched flights to Aruba, with lots of press coverage about the flights being operated be Air2000 767.

:ooh: :ooh:

ATIS
2nd May 2003, 02:58
Do any of you guys in the know knowabout the current situation with regards to recruitment with Air 2000. I've been in a holding pool for the last several months, and I guess with the current climate probably will remain in there for some time.

Did Air 2000 take on any summer only contracts this year?

Would be glad for any info

matt24nw
4th May 2003, 05:26
Well, I'm a bit worried about the longhaul situation at the moment. air2000 have just got rid of 1 767 leaving only 2. Rumours in the company are very mixed as to whether or not they are going to continue. A quick look at the air2000.com website tells me that britannia are operating sfb's from man from november and thomas cook doing pop from manchester as well. What do we think about that? Of course the air2000 crew will be the last to know.

lambchopboy
4th May 2003, 05:54
probably wrong here, but i thought the lease was up on that 767 and they were just looking to have one at both LGW and MAN.

regards:confused:

Desk Driver
7th May 2003, 18:11
Lambchop id right.
Don't forget that First Choice are the only major travel group to actually reduce it's capacity when it said it would. The 3rd 767 had reached the end of it's lease and plans have always been to stick with just 2 until the market turns around.

You never know they're might be a cheap a330 or 2 in the market

Ms Spurtle
7th May 2003, 20:50
..or even a couple of brand new A330-200 in 2005 :)