PDA

View Full Version : ICAO---> JAR who can tell me?

CristinaC
28th Apr 2003, 23:35
Hi one of my dreams is working in Europe, but I donīt know if it would be cheaper to go staight to Europe to study or getting here in Chile my CPL AND IFR (12000 US) and afterwards convert my licence plz if someone know about conversions, prices and specially how long it can take me let me know as soon as posible.
thank [email protected]

redbar1
29th Apr 2003, 02:47
CC,

Under the present JAR-FCL you will have to re-sit all theoretical exams and pass the practical Skill Test. You might gain some credit against the training requirements, depending upon your flying hrs. Max credit is no training required, only the exams + Skill Test, and is given to ATPL holders with > 1500 hrs on MultiPilot Aeroplanes.

You will find the details on JAAs website at www.jaa.nl, got to JARs, Section 1, open JAR-FCL 1 (Aeroplane) and read item 1.016 in subpart A.

Cheers, and good luck!

redsnail
29th Apr 2003, 04:25
If you decide to do it in the UK....
I hope you are seated, the shock is a big one.

1. Medical. Can only be done at Gatwick. At least 236GBP. You may be charged the full 400 GBP as you won't have 500 hours. (It varies it seems)
2. 14 exams. Sitting fee ~800GBP.
3. Course fees (maybe) 2-4000GBP (ATPL)
4. Min 15 hours flying + sim for the IR (assuming you have a FAA one) {read: expensive, ~300GBP/hr}
5. Possibly a MCC course. 2-4,000GBP.

You must check the requirements using the CAA's website.
LASORS (http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/licensing/fcl/document.asp)