PDA

View Full Version : The transition from owning a business to Professional Flying

shon7
28th Apr 2003, 22:55
Hi:

I have always been quite independent and even in business I started out on my own. That is to say - I have not answered to anyone or had someone else dictate to me what to do, where to live etc.

However, now with flying - once I make it to an airline that will probably change.

Am wondering if any of you have been in the same situation and how you adjusted? Were you still able to continue your business on the side? Any positives/ negatives/ comments/ suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bumz_Rush
17th May 2003, 21:17
Been there, done that.......I was very lucky, had a good team working with me....I was able to fly professionally, as a freelancer, in the corporate arena.
Actually I would suggest that this is the ideal way to break into professional aviation. You earn money, and are able to eat, and sleep under cover.....go fo it, and best of luck.
Then if you wish transition to airlines......most airline crew have at least on other job, normally in the back ground...unless you are a senior BA bod, in which case this was financial services, or chicken farming....PM if you need more reassurances.....