PDA

View Full Version : JET MAGIC is airborne

Sobelena
28th Apr 2003, 16:16
Jet Magic is operational, albeit using Air Excel's AOC and EMB145 until they get there own AOC. Best of luck to them.

dr yes
30th Apr 2003, 17:30
Strange that the Swiss aircraft HB-JAX, now painted in Jetmagic colours, is sitting on the ground doing nothing, while a very expensive Dutch whitetail is operating the route!

Apparently, the Swiss pilots union has gone Ape, that the Swiss AOC is being used while layoffs and downsizing is the order of the day in Switzerland.

Very best of luck to all involved, but it does seem a rather messy birth. Anyone know the reason for the delay in their own AOC and own aircraft? How much longer will their €5million last?

Incidentally, €4000 per hour direct operating cost and 49 seats means €82 per hour per person just to tread water, and that presuming every seat is full! I hope whoever did the math on the business plan knows something I don't!

Tom the Tenor
30th Apr 2003, 19:11
I understand the reason why HB-JAX is sitting on the ramp at Cork doing nothing is because of complaints from a rival.

It is sad but this will only strengthen Jetmagic's resolve to succeed.

You live and learn.

Vapor
30th Apr 2003, 21:34
Tom,
Anybody know who objected? or is that classified info..

Tom the Tenor
2nd May 2003, 20:43
Firstly, HB-JAX has been back in the air now for the last few days so the issues must have been sorted.

Second bit of good news is that yesterday Jetmagic announced twice weekly seasonal services from Cork to Jersey and Nantes.

Bookings on Nice and Alicante are strong. Even Belfast is performing better than I would have thought. Anyone have any gen on how Brussels is doing? :8

brabazon
2nd May 2003, 21:41
Tom

I'm curious how do you know that NCE and ALC are doing well, but don't know the loads for BRU?

How many pax are they getting on the early bird Cork - Belfast service?

eastern wiseguy
2nd May 2003, 22:12
Apparently it had five on the outbound BHD-CRK.(Thursday)what's the capacity on that route?...and it doesn't half climb well!!

richardnei
2nd May 2003, 22:38
Tuesday's evening flight from BHD to ORK had 19 onboard with a similar number on inbound service from ORK.

Hope this figure grows!!

flysr4ever
3rd May 2003, 01:31
I guess 19 out of 35 wouldn't be too bad if they were operating their planned 135s.

Jer