PDA

View Full Version : Cost of exams gone up!

USE THE RUDDERS
26th Apr 2003, 08:37
I notice the CAA in their wisdom have increased the cost of the exams to £52 per subject.
In Feb it was only £50,I know its only 2 quid but come on be fair.
What a joke!

Has the budget in the CAA canteen overrun again.
What other susprises are in store?

Mach trim
12th May 2003, 05:41
50 pounds is already overcharging for an exam. The CAA is clearly overcharging us.

How can they justify 52 pounds ?

It is not right and they expect us to wait 10 working days for results on exams marked by a machine. It should be within 2 DAYS maximum.

All their fees are excessive and the fees they charge for the skills and IR test.

We should all sign a petition or something not that it would make much of a difference.

mackey
12th May 2003, 05:58
Just sent off for the exams in June,can't believe they have put the fees up.It's bad enough trying to do the course full time and not earning any ,or very little, money.

I know it's only two quid an exam but it is unfair to penalise the students who are having difficulty funding the course as it is!!!

The fees aren't steep they're flipping vertical!!!

Perhaps the CAA are trying to fund the new runway at Gatwick themselves with all these extra two pounds!!!!!

:mad: :confused: :mad: :*

stator vane
14th May 2003, 04:15
they are indeed evil wicked bastards.

i am still amazed that the UK aviation community has let it get this way.

i heard one pilot say that after he was done taking all the tests, he just couldn't be bothered doing anything to change it.

but the pilots should get together and if we all did, we would be able to bring it back down to earth and somewhat related to the real world of aviation.

SunderlandMatt
14th May 2003, 21:03
I joined Newcastle Areo club for £50, and they throw in the exams for free. Not bad in my view! Still haven't got around to doing these dam civi exams though! :ok: