PDA

View Full Version : What Now? Is That It?

bmibaby.com
26th Apr 2003, 06:03
Hi.

This is a topic that came across my head this morning with a colleague when we were talking about recent airline mergers in the no-frills sector, if a new no-frills-airline should launch flights in the UK, is there still sufficient slots to fly from the no-frills Mecca of London Stansted or Luton, or is Ryanair and EasyJet going to dominate the airports?

On a second quote, is London Manston or Southend a reasonable launching pad for any new airline? Or are they to far? What happened to Mama Air?

Just a couple of questions.

PAXboy
26th Apr 2003, 06:38
The thread about new airline at Luton, in this forum, refers to both Now and Sky-Bus who are announcing that they will operate out of LTN.

Now are recruiting for European short haul.

Sky-bus say they will operate in July but no one seems to have heard anything of them, other than their rather ropey web site.

Luton has spare terminal capacity and is getting ready (if memory serves) to build some more stands. One can only presume that they have some slots too!

HZ123
26th Apr 2003, 19:27
You will have to wait some time before you see an LC operators out of either airport. I suppose SEN has the best chance but awaits the outcome of expansion planning application which have been met with local resistance.

Manston has no immediate chance as it was virtully excluded from the present SE airports expansion plan. Presently it is a long journey from the SE catchment area. I believe the airfield is up for sale and Air Atlantic its resident has transferred some of its engineering work to HK.

How many more LC operators can the UK support.ii