PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Accommodation Near Silsoe?

Broken Wings
24th Oct 2001, 15:16
I have been allocated Silsoe for my November exams can anyone recommend some B&B's nearby which are quiet in the evenings for last minute panic (sorry revision!)?

Sorry couldn't spell!

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: Broken Wings ]

Flap40
24th Oct 2001, 15:22
It's a few years ago (1992!) but I stayed on site at Silsoe. Try giving them a ring.

Since it is/was an agricultural college (poor farmers v rich wannabes ;)) their room rate was about half that of Cranfield.

Broken Wings
24th Oct 2001, 15:33
Flap 40

Six minutes must be nearly a record for a reply! I tried calling them but there was no one there - I'll keep trying. My only reservation about the on site campus was having stayed in residential colleges before the youngsters sometimes make a lot of noise in the evening - the trouble of being a Knackered Old **** I suppose!

captainkilner
24th Oct 2001, 17:37
Stopped at this b&b whilst at silsoe 10 mins drive away but nice and quiet, hope it helps and good luck with the exams...
:) :) :) :)

Mr J & Ms D Frost, White Cottage, Marston Hill, Cranfield. Tel: 01234 751766
2 double, 2 single £27 pppn to £40 pppn (ask for more details)

The Flying Helmet
24th Oct 2001, 19:12
I sat my exams at Silsoe also. I stayed at the conference center which is on the campus.

They do a great brekkie and the facilities are excellent "very quiet". Good Luck.

Fergal Fertie

Mr Man
24th Oct 2001, 23:36
I sat the exams at Silsoe this month.Stayed at "Shallmarose" B&B.Nice,cleann and £25 per night inc breakfast.Approx 5 mins from exam hall.Contact Mrs Marshall 01525 861565.Good luck!

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th Oct 2001, 23:54
I would advise using the Campus conference centre for accomodation needs. It is all of 120yds to the exam room - the student community are in seperate buildings and not very noisy - too busy discussing innovative new means of irrigation or something I imagine.. ;-)

Good luck with POF!

Broken Wings
25th Oct 2001, 03:19
Thanks Guys for all the info and the best wishes. I was at the BALPA Employment conference the other week and when PPRUNE was mentioned it was "you either love it or hate it but you can't ignore it". Your responses have proved its total value yet again thanks very much.

BW :)