PDA

View Full Version : Jobs with MAF

Dick Whittingham
24th Oct 2001, 14:02
The Mission Aviation Fellowship flies small aircraft on relief, food and medical runs in Africa, PNG, South America and elsewhere. Their latest Newsletter says they are short of pilots - 5 needed immediately. This is CPL and hours building stuff. Contact them at MAF, Castle Hill Av, Folkstone, KENT CT20 2TN, e-mail [email protected] or website http://www.maf-uk.org.

Dick W

Base leg
24th Oct 2001, 15:27
Would certainly consider them, except they require 500 hrs, (300 pic).

Megaton
24th Oct 2001, 16:20
Dick,

Before applying though one would obviously have to brush up on their regional climatology! :)

foghorn
24th Oct 2001, 20:53
Do you have to be a christian?

Jasondoig
24th Oct 2001, 21:34
Before they would take you on, you need to pass an aptitude test. You also need to have close links to a church proving a level of Christian faith also needing sponsorship from the church.
They'll ask you to attend a seminar explaining what life in MAF is like.
But if you go to the website posted above, they should clear all of this up.

Cheers.

CH.

Dick Whittingham
24th Oct 2001, 22:29
Yes, it is a Christian organization, and they do good work. However, if I had known that applicants had to be clean living and hard working I would never have put it on PPRUNE for you lot!

Dick W

Raw Data
24th Oct 2001, 22:46
MAF are very unlikely to take anybody who is not demonstrably a committed, evangelical Christian.

Anyone needing a quick conversion, send me an email... :D :D :D

Chuck Ellsworth
25th Oct 2001, 02:25
I have met some of their pilots in Africa, I am especially grateful to the MAF guys who fly out of Luanda they were just great, also from my experience I would far rather have more MAF and less U.N. airplanes out there.

I am far-far-far from a Christian or any other religion. However I do admire their beliefs and their desire to make life better for the truly deprived.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no. :D :D :D

RVR800
25th Oct 2001, 17:49
Good Post

Excellent Job

The pay ...... who cares !

A privilege to serve

I would love to do this but family commitments prevent it.......

foghorn
26th Oct 2001, 19:00
I have met MAF pilots in training in South Africa and they are a bunch of nice people, but unfortunately I'm a devout atheist so that rules me out :)

Genghis the Engineer
26th Oct 2001, 19:02
I'm a fully paid up heathen and don't want a new job anyway. But, I seem to recall a similar non-religious organisation called "Aviation Sans Frontiers", anybody know anything about it?

G