PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Spotting Spots?!?

Madtoonfan
25th Apr 2003, 23:42
Hi all, im going a/c spotting at Dublin intl next month and am seeking any advice on spotting areas and photography sights around the airport with directions please if anyone has any???????? :confused:

Avman
27th Apr 2003, 00:21
I can't help you with your question. However, I believe you may get a better response if you address this question on the Civial Aviation Forum at www.airliners.net

Good luck.

Jemy
30th Apr 2003, 05:04
Try the beer garden of the "Boot Inn". Opposite side from terminal (near control tower). rink beer and look at aircraft at the same time. Later when it's dark, just drink beer............

FLYING COUNSEL
30th Apr 2003, 21:46
Hey,

I've tried finding a better map, but the only one I could find was this one. This is a web site of a local GAA club, there club house is located on the road parallel to runway 28. If you can follow it, there is a lay bye on the road up the clubhosue, where the majority of plane spotters use. There is nearly always a number of cars there, etc.
It's not to difficult to locate and it does provide a good vantage point. Hope this helps.

http://www.ballymunkickhams.com/Map.html
:ok:

kevindelaney
30th Apr 2003, 23:01
Hi
The road that FLYING COUNSEL talks about is the only real place to have a look. Can get busy but there is usually a place to park..

Also another place you can go is if you continue up that road and at any crossroad or roundabout keep the airport runway to your right. Eventually you'll end up on a road running parallel to the runway and the view obscured by a big ugly fence. Continue up this road and you'll meet a rather sharp bend in the road to the left. Park the car here and climb up on the mounds there and you'll have a brilliant view of the planes as they taxi to take off or taxi back to the terminal!!! Excellent for photographs!!

Enjoy Dublin!!
Kevin

Madtoonfan
2nd May 2003, 00:39
Thanks all for your replies, i appreciate your info thanks a lot!!! ill try the areas, i just hope now that my flight will be on time from NCL!!!