PDA

View Full Version : Mass & Balance?

Nishko
24th Oct 2001, 13:54
It's frustrating, but having completed all of my course work, and seemingly the whole syllabus regarding JAR ATPL M&B, I am able to confidently answer all of the feedback questions I have with no trouble. However, on the 2 occasions I have sat the exam (and despite being able to answer nearly all of the questions with apparent ease) there always seems to be a small number of questions referring to things that I just haven't come across before. These 'odd ball' questions have been just enough to help me fail the paper by a very small margin on both occasions. Usually they are of a more 'operational' nature than the rest of them, and I'm getting a little frustrated!

Does anyone have any suggestions of further reading, or better still some feedback questions that may help me? Or, any advice, tips or encouragement would be very gratefully received.

Nothing in the M&B syllabus is very difficult, but I just can't see where I'm going wrong. Having only 2 attempts remaining before life ends is making me a little nervous... :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Nish

Broken Wings
24th Oct 2001, 15:10
Nishko

I studied Mass and Balance with Bristol GS and their notes, progress tests and practice exam papers come highly recommended as they helped me get 92%. Call them on 01275 474701.

BW

Nishko
24th Oct 2001, 15:18
Thanks for your reply...

I also did mine with BGS and have all of thier papers!

Clearly there are 'other forces' at work with me!

N :rolleyes:

Capt Wannabe
24th Oct 2001, 21:10
I sat the exam in June and came out of it very worried.
I think a key thing to do is to start at the end, ie the high mark questions. If you can get those sorted then it puts you under less pressure for the easier questions. Also know all the definitions inside out, and don't rely on having to look in the yellow book. This all helps to save time.
Know Traffic loads inside out, and how to do all the maths. I haven't got any feedback qu's now, but try to get hold of some Oxford or BAE stuff if you can.

Best of luck

Broken Wings
24th Oct 2001, 21:56
Nishko

If you could send me your email address through the Private Message System I'll give you a copy of my feedback email to Bristol and also some other thoughts/possible tips.

Regards BW :)

Nishko
25th Oct 2001, 14:13
Broken Wings, please check your private messages!

Nish.

Genghis the Engineer
25th Oct 2001, 15:07
I spend a fair chunk of my life doing aircraft W&CG stuff, by all means Email me privately if I can help explain things. Or for that matter, post it here, and I'll post my comments publically.

G

Tee
25th Oct 2001, 18:45
I would highly recommend Oxford's worksheets - a combination of explanatory notes and questions. It's essential that you work through the lot methodically from start to finish, rather than jump straight into the questions. Regrettably, I've given my copy to someone else.

Nishko
25th Oct 2001, 23:40
Very many thanks for your positive replies.

Broken Wings - I have received your email and will reply shortly.

Thanks again!

Nish

cubby
27th Oct 2001, 04:58
Nishko
Start at the back of the paper .For the same reason as the post above .
I did this on my second attempt and got 85% .
I finnished with 10 minutes to spare .So I had time to check answers .
Also they use the words useful load and usable load in the exam and there is a difference .
I simpathise with your plight .I have failed POF twice so I gotta get it in Nov.
Best of luck
Cubby :p

27th Oct 2001, 17:51
Pretty Please!

Would really appreciate any M&B feedback. Am sitting next month, 1/14 left!

Bit too skint to shell out fifty quid for Bristol feedback. I bought Oxford notes, but they came with little feedback. D'oh!

Thanks

[email protected]