PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet crew meals

eng123
23rd Apr 2003, 17:12
First of all,I don't work for Easy but I know a lot of people who do.How are you all putting up with being forced to pay for the pitifull crew meals?I know of at least one captain who has taken his coco pops and placed it on F.B's desk and asked for his £10? back!
Is this the thin end of the wedge with regard to other airlines?
Any thoughts?

Tiger
23rd Apr 2003, 17:20
To be honest most crew meals aren`t up to much. There again it all depends which base crew meals are picked up from. LBA, MME use to be good.

However, I have never had to pay for a crew meal and personal wouldn`t.

:yuk:

corsaman
23rd Apr 2003, 23:02
Eng 123 - I do work for EZY but have worked for other carriers, and what we get is on a par with what we got at BM and AIH (now MYT). I suppose we do pay for them in a roundabout way, doesn't everyone - I certainly don't notice the cost. I'd be happier really bringing my own stuff, as they're quite fattening, and our sectors so short we can't eat them in a relaxed fashion, however, most folks are quite happy with them at my base (BFS), as far as I know!

redfield
24th Apr 2003, 04:50
Corsaman: Soon after Go were taken over I understand that all the Go/Easy crews had the chance to decide whether they wanted crew meals or an extra £3000 in their salaries. is this true or is somone making things up? Where I work one of the Easy pilots recently refused to depart until his crew meal had been delivered. They must have some nutritional value!

Clear right!
24th Apr 2003, 17:39
It was £1100.

But in reality if we had chosen not to receive crew meals it would have worked out about £600 after tax & NI. Which someone worked out was about £3.00 each day.

Food seems to be improving. On a late I get a sandwich, goody bag(fruit/crisps/choccy bar) and a hot meal with a yoghurt & another choccy bar. On an early it's a hot brekkie and a sandwich.

Nice to have but not particularly healthy.