PDA

View Full Version : AIRAC 3/03 - Any opinions?

Hippy
23rd Apr 2003, 05:04
It's been a month since the North Sea restructure and MDA implementation. I would be interested to hear your views, whoever you may be.
Scopies - How has your life been affected? How has the relationship with London Radar changed?
Area (all) - Seen any benefits yet? Is the airspace managment cell doing it's job or are you still seeing many square miles of wasted empty air for hours on end?
Jocks - How is it working the sasenach airspace. Is it what you imagined?
Manch - Any easier getting stuff in/out of the TMA? How is your increased interaction with the Mil going?
Hampshire centre - Has the manpower situation improved? Has moral improved? Are the Carp still on borrowed time?
Civil Terminal (NT,NV,NJ) - How do the Mil compare to Pennine? Go on, be honest. Any comments on the FPL situation, any improvements in the last 2 weeks?Obviously, I'm interested in comments you have on the way you work with Lon Mil, but if you want to address issues between yourselves or if other agencies want to join in, feel free to do so. I'm looking for honest constructive comments (and taking cover for anything else). Away you go...

eyeinthesky
25th Apr 2003, 00:45
I'll start:

Down at the Dome, I find that 10/11 have become more like some of the other sectors at LACC in that it is now an "Up/Down, Chuck" sector, especially 10, whereas previously there was more cruising flight going on.

We find it interesting to see how Manch's understanding of some area issues is different to ours (such as how we handle off route at the weekends), but I suspect that might be because some of them have not come across this concept before. It will improve.

With regard to manpower, I understand that now that we are officially a 2-sector suite we are allocated less staff. This is despite that when we were a 3-sector suite we never had the staff to open the third set, and sometimes barely enough to keep two open!!

Morale (I assume you mean that and not 'moral', because the morals of ATCOs will take more than a resectorisation to improve!!) is much the same as before, and the carp are looking nervous!!:hmm: