PDA

View Full Version : Float

vrsa
23rd Apr 2003, 00:40
Hi everybody,
I'm going to vancouver the september of this year in order to pass my float qualification and 70 hours.
If anybody have any informations about the current minimum to find à job on float, i will be an very happy froggy...

sunny72
25th Apr 2003, 02:49
You should try Air-Hart Aviation in Kelowna.
They have a great Professional Floatplane Training Program.

bushpilot71
1st May 2003, 11:17
Hey guy, I know you, just call me in Montreal, and I will give you more information about the minimum hours.
I guess you don't know a lot of guy who's living here.
So just try the good one vinc de .....
Bon a plus et le mois de juillet approche, pas de panique.

Tim_Q
2nd May 2003, 22:50
Hi vrsa,
I am just trying to sort out a trip to Vancouver in June. I am hoping to check out some flying schools and do at least some flying too. The trip will be a bit of a 'reccie' with the idea of going back later to do some hour building and float training. (I am studying for the JAA ATPL).
We should keep in touch, then we can exchange information :ok:

Also, does anybody have any advice for Europeans looking for bush flying employment in Canada? I know it's not easy (like all pilot jobs right now!) :{ I don't even have a work permit yet......

Thanks,
Tim

North Shore
20th May 2003, 23:35
Tim_Q: It's the same as everywhere else - work hard, keep your eyes open and your mouth shut, network, don't make too many stupid mistakes, generally be a good guy to get along with. If you were serious about doing the bush/floats thing, then do as much of your hour-building on floats, as it seems that 50-100 hrs (or more) are the minimums for getting an entry-level float job these days. Good Luck.

Webbster
22nd May 2003, 22:55
hello sunny72,

just wondering if you've trained with Air Hart (or own it?!!?) and if you think they'd be the best. Am also European and hoping to get work in Canada after a wee bit of training...
Any tips on where's best for getting work without any previous contacts?

Cheers now:)