PDA

View Full Version : Spotty M to SSH May 4th

FormerFlyer
22nd Apr 2003, 20:19
Hi

Am lucky enough to be off to SSH on 4th May for a week. Just wondering if anyone knows.....

a: flight nos as my trav. agent is shut & I can't find it on Hayes & Jarvis or MON websites

&

b: aircraft type

Also if you've been to SSH before are there any "must dos" that we must do? If you can't help with any of the above no worries, thanks for reading though.

cheers ;)
FF

expedite_climb
22nd Apr 2003, 20:46
Where are you travelling from might give us a clue.

Normally see MON 757's there on thursdays.

FormerFlyer
22nd Apr 2003, 22:12
Oh yeah forgot to issue a crystal ball with that one!

Going from LGW a week on Sunday. I was half expecting a 75 too but someone told me the flying cinema (A300) was doing it.

Anyone got def. info, now you know where I'm going from?

cheers ;)

FF

CandyBender
22nd Apr 2003, 23:44
Been to SSH twice this winter & Thursday flights have been B757 & Sundays on the A300.........enjoy!

G-AZUK
23rd Apr 2003, 00:04
MON5264/5
A300-600

you can prebook seats with Monarch Customer Services for a modest sum, on a sector like that its probably worth it, find their contacts via the website. :ok:

FormerFlyer
23rd Apr 2003, 00:15
Thanks for that info both of you...the modest sum quoted to me was £60pp to prebook extra legroom (ie: exit/bulkhead seats)...hmmmm not sure if I wanna spend that much.

Kinda hoping the flight may be fairly empty given a lot of tourist's worries about the war.

Yeah - I'm a cheapskate at times :D

cheers ;)

FF

G-AZUK
23rd Apr 2003, 00:23
well you could always try the cheapskates way, check in early and try and get hold of seats in rows 9 or 31

CandyBender
23rd Apr 2003, 01:26
G-AZUK.......MON didn't pre-book seats to SSH in both Nov & Jan.....they may well do by this time. The flight are sold by several small tour ops (Explorers, Longwood etc ) as well as H & J, maybe that has/had something to do with it......

FormerFlyer
23rd Apr 2003, 15:58
CandyBender - I heard that is only very recently that MON are doing prebooks direct with them & not through the tourops.

Did you like Sharm? Or were you crew?!

cheers ;)

FF