PDA

View Full Version : flight schools in lyon area???

jeffd
20th Apr 2003, 01:00
bonjour tout le monde,

just wondering if anyone has heard of a flight school called "aera" air evasion, rhone-alpes, its based at lyon-bron airport. they are an english speaking flight school which is a necessity for me as i am irish and my level of french is still a work in progress,( i am currently studying french), i have to spend the next couple of years in the lyon area, beginning in september, im planning to do my ppl there after the summer. has anyone heard of them or does anybody know of any other flight schools in that area??

merci beaucoup

:ok:

PPRuNeUser0215
21st Apr 2003, 22:10
Sounds like you are going t have a lots of fun time in the winter... With all the skiing available in the area, it is going to make me jealous.
Unfortunately I don't know about the place you have mentioned but I remember 2 flying clubs at Lyon-Bron. Never had any experience with any of them but the airfield is fairly quiet but with all the services available for training starting at PPL level and beyond !!! (dixit Buzz Lightyear :D:D)

If you fancy trying a bit of mountain flying then try Grenoble Le versoud. About an hour drive from Bron and with a pretty good Mountain flying base (I.e not just flying around mountains but landing on sites (Grass, Glaciers etc..) and Altiports (Tarmac).
Plus I believe they still have a CAP10 so you can have a go or more at aerobatic flying.
Talk to the Chief Pilot (Serge Blanc).... He speaks English and is great fun plus he knows his stuffs about Mountain Flying and the rest.

Enjoy it !

jeffd
22nd Apr 2003, 17:17
yeah thanks amex, im really looking forward to it, lyon is a beautiful city with some great scenery in the surrounding areas, plus you have all that skiing in the winter just a short drive away, and the food and the wine...........and hopefully the flying:p