PDA

View Full Version : easyjet out of MAN?

buzid
19th Apr 2003, 21:52
Any truth to this rumour?
They'll have to make a move soon or they'll lose a big slice of their market in the NW..........

AOG-YYZ
19th Apr 2003, 22:26
Probably wishful thinking. Ask yourself just why would they move up the motorway when they are doing so well from LPL. However airlines have made much more stupid decisions.

Landing_24R
19th Apr 2003, 23:45
This rumour was inevitable, with BMI Baby operating routes like BFS, PMI and ALC out of Manchester it's easy to see why easyJet might be tempted to move in since a fair amount of their LPL pax apparently originate from the area. Did I read somewhere that EZY were tied to Liverpool for a certain number of years by some contract or other, or am I thinking of Luton? :confused:

The MEN yesterday carried a comment from an easyJet spokeswoman who said that they had no plans to operate out of Manchester at present. Time will tell I suppose...

saddles
20th Apr 2003, 02:53
Dream on Manc's ,ya can't turn em round quick enough!

In trim
20th Apr 2003, 14:32
easyJet do have a 20 year deal with LPL.

That does not mean (as far as I am aware) that they couldn't also operate out of MAN, but they certainly couldn't pull out of LPL and are committed to a sizeable operation there. Nor would they want to pull out of LPL.....a good and successful operation.

dada
20th Apr 2003, 15:32
...........about to get a run for their money by ryanair @ blackpool. watch their flights grow and the turnround times excel anything anybody else can achieve.

Elmer the Monk
20th Apr 2003, 16:07
Blackpool? That much further away from the main customer base, and horrendous traffic in the summer. Furthermore, Ryanair won't even take you near to where you want to go. Could be good for those living on the Fylde coast, but I doubt it will dent easy's business too much.

Will it be Manchester North, or Liverpool North?

dada
20th Apr 2003, 17:50
Or even Blackpool North, but then that's a railway station.

dwlpl
20th Apr 2003, 19:10
An article regarding landing fees at MAN, an easyJet spokeswoman is quoted in the Liverpool Daily Post (dated 16th April 2003)"We have a fantastic relationship with Liverpool - we currently operate about 10 routes from there, so having another base so close competing in the same market would be very difficult and expensive".

Full article at http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/search.cfm?searchscope=50061&query=airport&query_type=2&displayAll=true&startrow=11&maxtocount=100