View Full Version : Hat Etiquette

RubberDucky
19th Apr 2003, 19:36
OK, did a search a couldn't find a specific answer...

When is it OK to wear your beany cap (your pilot's hat) on your head? What's your company say?

Anyone wear their hat on the airport bus? Off hand, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that.

BarryMonday
19th Apr 2003, 19:51
A reasonable rule of thumb would be: Any time that you are anywhere that you could expect to sit down you take your hat off. Doesn't cover every eventuality but covers most.

Can't help thinking we are going to get the anti-hat brigade having their say here quite soon!:D

RubberDucky
19th Apr 2003, 20:01
indeed, real pilot's keep their hats firmly strapped to their luggage at all times, at least so I've heard <g>

Flat Spin
19th Apr 2003, 20:35
...and it should be tilted very slightly forward and to the right. Nothing worse than looking like Jimmy Cricket or an oik at a cheap wedding...:)

Send Clowns
19th Apr 2003, 20:57
A battered cap lodged firmly under the arm might be considered adequate for all but formal occasions. Men should generally not wear headgear inside.

Anthony Carn
19th Apr 2003, 22:33
Hate the bl@<hidden>@<hidden> stupid ridiculous cr@<hidden> thing.

Bloke at work took the "permanently under the right arm" thing onto another plane. Sewed velcro to his hat and ditto to his jacket under arm area.

Genius ! :D