PDA

View Full Version : London to Columbo

interestedparty
18th Apr 2003, 18:08
Does anyone have any experience of Emirates or Sri Lankan Airways on this route, in either business or economy?
Many thanks.

LIMA18
19th Apr 2003, 22:46
Being of Sri Lankan origin, I like to fly the flag. I fly about twice a year and I find the service pretty impressive. (Economy of course).

The cabin crew are very switched on and their command of English is pretty good - or at least the ones I have spoken to.

Enjoy your trip and holiday!!!!

....and by the way it is Colombo & not Columbo.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

VIKING9
19th Apr 2003, 22:50
I have flown Sri Lankan on the LHR-CMB route and CMB-MLA man times too. My experiences have always been very good, on time, courteous service from the ground staff and crews alike. My only choice of airline down to MLE as far as I'm concerned.

FlyboyUK
21st Apr 2003, 13:05
I flew LHR-MLE and MLE-CMB-LHR with Sri-Lankan last December.
The A340 was well laid out with good seat pitch in economy and fairly comfotable seats. Crew were excellent and looked after us well.

There was an interesting departure from Male. The flight deck lined the aircraft up on the runway and immediately began the take-off roll without telling the rest of the crew, which left the cabin crew scurrying for their seats! :D

Hong Kong Layover
21st Apr 2003, 20:40
I would say sri lankan is the best option out of the available lot. have flown them in many occations and the standerd of service is second to none.

I also read in a flight magazine recently(dont remember the name) that Srilankan air lines have won the "friendliest cabin crew in the world"award!

There are other options too on the said route such as EK-QR-GF-SV...,however I find those services are either not up to the mark or cabin crew are very robotic or simply an exageration of advertising/publicity.

Also where the entertainment is concerned,Sri lankan has one of the best systems equiped onboard there air crafts and is 100 per cent identical to what EK has.

Last point is,Sri lankan has direct/nonstop LHR-CMB-LHR services and is a time saver.

Hong Kong Layover.