PDA

View Full Version : Busy Easter for Air Travel- let's be optimistic !!

Northern Highflyer
17th Apr 2003, 19:14
I have posted this here in the hope it may cheer a few wannabes up.

The air industry is in decline, that much is apparent. You only have to read posts on here from frustrated wannabes and read the trade mags to see times are hard at the moment. Yet I saw on the news last night that this Easter will be the busiest ever for people flying abroad for a break.

While Easter is only one short break when constant growth over a long period of time is needed I would prefer to try to see it as "a glass half full rather than half empty".

It seems people are still willing to fly, in large numbers, despite everything that has happened recently. If more are flying now then maybe it's a glimmer of hope for the future.

I know it's nothing to shout loudly about but I for one will take a little hope from this news.

pilotpj
18th Apr 2003, 04:40
Here Here!

I totally agree. There is so much pessimism at the moment it is good to hear that people aren't 'afraid' to fly and that they actually are. I have also noticed it is difficult to find a LOT of availability for flights this summer! Lets hope this is a sign of things to come. Good luck to everyone and never say 'no' to ANY opportunity!

PJ

JohnnyPharm
19th Apr 2003, 17:41
Lets look at the facts.

FR and Easy are buying some 300+ kites over the next 10 years.

Government predict an umpteen percent growth in passenger numbers by nineteen canteen, requiring so many new runways to be built to accomodate the increase.

The gulf war is over.

I think things are looking better.

Also saw a BA Avro and Twotter, and an easy 737 in hte circuit at Prestwick last week.

So at least some people are getting jobs.

carbonfibre
25th Apr 2003, 22:38
While on the subject BEA have ordered i understand 7 new Q400's, so thats is something to shout about too, dont you think !! a small step in the right direction:ok: :=

Send Clowns
26th Apr 2003, 00:17
Nearly got stuck in Portugal when I missed my flight home! All booked solid, only business class available BA, and even then only 2 left on one flight, at 1000-euro each :eek: Fortunately one passenger missed the flight after mine and I got home, albeit two days in advance of my luggage (no criticism to TAP, I was only given a boarding card 15 minutes before the flight was due to taxi)!