PDA

View Full Version : JAR in SA

ferg
16th Apr 2003, 15:27
Does anyone know anything about any of the South African FTO's. Airlline Pilot Training and Flight Training College of Africa both sent me info but they are a bit light on information.

Cheers

FlyingForFun
16th Apr 2003, 16:55
FTC is currently being discussed on another thread (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83006) - I suggest you read that for the latest info. Or do a search - this school has been discussed many times.

Don't know anything about Airline Pilot Training. What are they offering? I know that they can't train for a CPL, because I'm currently investigating schools where I can do the CPL training, and they aren't one of them. So if they're offering a start-to-finish course I'd be suspicious, but if they're offering less than that then they could well be fine.

FFF
--------------

Flying Boat
16th Apr 2003, 17:44
FTC's light on information approach is only beneficial to them.

Once you get there you will discover that what you believed would happen is not what is going to happen.

When you get a group of students sitting together, all at different stages in their training all saying they are very unhappy with the school, mainly the support & admin side, something must be very wrong!

They forget, you leave your country and can only fly up to 6 hours a day (their rules), you must be satisfied with the other 18 hours.

FTC are very good salesmen, poor service providers.

FFF is right, you will find them on another thread in wannabes and another thread in the African section. Read all the threads, there are pro & con points of view.

I would not recommend anyone to go there but it is your choice, in the long run you don't save as much cash as you think you might & have a horror story to tell at the end.

Good luck with the search.

FB