PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to all

dannyo
15th Apr 2003, 20:23
Just had a call from NATS recruitment to let me know that pending medical and security checks, I have been accepted to start on October 2004 course

Got the biggest, stupidest grin on my face you've ever seen which is prompting all sorts of awkward questions at work as they don't know anything...ha....ha....ha!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts messages in this forum, you've given me an insight into ATC issues etc... that I don't think I'd have had otherwise.

And as for all you pilots out there, god help you all!!!!

Cheers!

Dan:ok:

fly bhoy
15th Apr 2003, 21:12
October '04 eh?!?

That'll be about July '05 then by the time you get started at CATC then!!!;) :p

ATCbabe
15th Apr 2003, 21:58
Congrates dannyo.

Dont worry about the big stupid grin... come Oct 2004 they will soon knock that off of you!!!;) :uhoh:

dannyo
15th Apr 2003, 21:59
Thanks for that, just as I'd got myself onto cloud nine, back to number eight for a while.

Still, good excuse for a bottle of the bubbly stuff tonight!!

:ok: :confused: :mad:

Barnaby the Bear
18th Apr 2003, 15:26
I would hold off the bubbly. You will need your liver for Bournemouth! :yuk: :}

Congratulations and good luck!:8

niknak
18th Apr 2003, 22:03
Ah yes..........
I remember having a big stupid grin after the 1st validation, now, many years later, I just have a big and stupid.:hmm:

flower
18th Apr 2003, 22:20
Do ATC students still live in Westby Road, and is it still the case that all of your salary must be spent at The Seagull

;) :p ;)

Good luck and enjoy
xx

radar707
19th Apr 2003, 00:02
I heard the Seagull is no more, it would seem gypsy types invaded the car park, so instead of evicting them, they knocked the pub down:( :{

bagpuss lives
19th Apr 2003, 03:11
Congrats dannyo and maybe see you at MACC sometime :D

left outer, right inner
19th Apr 2003, 17:50
The seagull is still there, I should know cos I have a hangover from there this morning:yuk:

Didn't spot any gypsies, but there was a dodgy group of girls there though :O

Well done mate- the college is hard work, and it looks like you won't be doing an aerodrome rating, but I am half way throught ADC2 and it is great fun (except the book work:( :yuk: )

Have a good one all

LORI

BobAgg
19th Apr 2003, 20:33
As with LORI, glad to report the Seagull is still there, their Steakwitch and chips is Tip Top!

Congrats. on getting through, I started ADC1 2 weeks ago and I'm still enjoying it! Won't last for long though!

Good Luck!

Bob

Barnaby the Bear
19th Apr 2003, 20:48
Hang on a minute. Did I read people saying that they are enjoying ADC2!!!!!!! The beer in the Seagul must be really off. Either that or you haven't finished your writtens or Verbal exams.
Oh yes, I forgot it's multiple guess now. ;)

:ok:

left outer, right inner
19th Apr 2003, 21:30
ADC2 is a good crack, but the writtens and especially the verbal are a right pain :ugh: :}

The sim stuff feels like you are doing proper ATC, and I find that enjoyable. "G-EV, Sweet and Sour, tug approved":D :cool:

I will have a chat with the seagull to see if the beer is indeed off, or I just simply need serious help

LORI

Phantom99
19th Apr 2003, 22:20
Also started ADC1 two weeks ago (who are you Bob? :) ) and loving every minute of it....apart from the first day when we were told what happens WHEN we fail...not if, well that's what it felt like :D

Won the quiz in the Seagull this week, £3 better off....

The success will continue next week when we beat ADC2 at footie.