PDA

View Full Version : starting out

jeffd
15th Apr 2003, 05:43
hello everyone,
im 31 yrs old and planning to start a ppl course in september and progress as my finances allow me. of course i would love to captain an airline crew one day but im realistic about that happening. i would be quite happy flying at any level and being paid for it. taxi, sight seeing, whatever,what are my chances, are there many opportunities to fly smaller aircraft for a living, in europe? how easy to find a job with a fresh cpl? am i mad to be even starting at this age?
thanks for your help
jeff

long final
16th Apr 2003, 00:58
Jeff,

Not being negative, but this has been done to death. There’s loads of information that will help; do a search in wannabes or have a look in the last couple of weeks posts and you should find what you are looking for immediately.

Personally it all seems to come down to the individual and their circumstances. I personally don’t believe 31 is too old - but then again I’m 32, so am a little biased.

Best of luck

LF

jeffd
16th Apr 2003, 02:12
hey IF ,
thanks for the reply. im new to this site and posted my question before fully exploring, theres a wealth of info on everthing here, excellent,
thanks

AirbusPilot
16th Apr 2003, 04:04
Your never too old, got a friend who started his ppl at 31 as well, know he is about to finnish, and intending to go and do his CPL.

So Good Luck
JP
:D

jeffd
16th Apr 2003, 05:44
thanks for the encouragement JP... im going to do my ppl at "aera, air evasion, rhone-alpes" in lyon, france, its an english speaking school, which for me is necesary, so it kind of limits my choice. i have to be in lyon for the next couple of years and that is the only school i found operating in english... has anybody heard of them???
thanks in advance:O