PDA

View Full Version : Flight build up in Argentina - JAR License in Germany

Airgus
15th Apr 2003, 03:12
I am a PP from Argentina, I made really good crosscountry experience, but since the currency exchange is not favourable for me to fly here (If you come with Euros or USD is cheap), so I will have to move to Germany (I am german) get a job there and save some real money.
So, before getting the CPL here in Argentina, I thought about getting the CPL and ATPL under JAR.
Where is the best place to follow my carreer? Should I go to US and get all the Licenses there and cpnvert them later in Germany or should I go directly to Germany?
If I do it in Europe, Which is the best country for getting the JAR? (do not include any school from Spain) (for best consider: quality of accademy, price andjob opportunities.

Another point: I hold a PPL under ICAO in Argentina ,should I go to the ATPL here and them convert to JAR ? (consider the flying hours prices are lower) o should I only built hours here and get all my licening in Europe? (consider that for converting my southamerican ICAO ATPL to JAR I might have to do and pay for the theorical courses again).

Thanks & if any of you need some info about flying in Argentina, let me know.:ok:

chock2chock
15th Apr 2003, 17:48
I myself, have been looking into the German option well and hard for ATPL. I came across Flugschule Berlin (FSB). They are primarily a type-rating organisation for 737s and A310s. Their website is not too detailed but they have an information request form that is worth filling out and sending to them. Iwas amazed at the quick response I recieved from them, I certainly did not expect to be woken up from my lunchtime nap .:zzz: by a call on my mobile from the head of training wanting to explain to me what they could offer. We did not chat at lenghth as I was certainly not in form, so he sent me an e-mail with all the ATPL info including type rating info. They seem to offer a frozen ATPL (196hrs), MCC-737-300 fixed-base for just over €53.000 and type rating on the 737NG within the €15.000 range. The ATPL training seems to be a mixture of correpondance and Classroom, so I gess they save a bit of money by offering less classroom training (This is what I reckon). Flight training seems to be a mixture between R2000 and PA28 (I am yet to clarify multi-engine training).

Of all the schools that I have contacted; Oxford, Intercockpit, BAE Systems etc., they are the ones that I got the best response from. The others just sent me the usual e-mail info. Oxford, for example, seems to paint everything in a shiny livery while Intercockpit (also in Germany) didn't send me anything at all, until I had sent about five requests. However, I suggest that you go to all of the sites and find out.

FSB Flugschule- Berlin-- :ok: www.flugschule-berlin.de

Inter cockpit at FRA airport: www.intercockpit.com

Regards

Richard

Euroatlantic
16th Apr 2003, 03:18
chock2chock,

could you forward me the email with the FSB Flugschule ATPL course info please? I asked them for some info but didn't get a reply at all. If you could email me the info at [email protected] I'd be really thankful. I had pretty much made up my mind about where to get an ATPL but the €53000 with a jet oriented MCC sounds really good.

Thanks!

chock2chock
16th Apr 2003, 21:51
That should be there now. I seem to have deleted the info that Intercockpit sent me, But in my opinion it was all very commercial... :suspect: not much more than what they have on their website :hmm:. But I would visit them anyway just because they are based at Frankfurt-main airport.:D

Happy gear-extensions

Rich