PDA

View Full Version : IT market launch 2004 brochures already!

Buster the Bear
15th Apr 2003, 02:57
Are they really trying to confuse folk or what! Not even Easter and they are selling next summer (2004) holidays! WHY?

OPERATORS IN RACE TO SELL 2004 PROGRAMMES

OPERATORS have rushed to put summer 2004 programmes on sale following Airtours’ early launch.

Thomas Cook brought forward two of its 2004 brochure launches, while Thomson put short-haul 2004 product on sales systems to ensure “proper choice” in the market.

The move has enraged agents, who had urged vertically integrated operators to delay launches to concentrate on 2003 sales and stressed the difficulty of selling four seasons at once.

Traditionally, operators launch first editions after Easter.

Airtours went ahead with its Summer Sun 2004 brochure on Thursday, a fortnight earlier than last year, insisting there was “a market out there”.

MyTravel head of channel management Steve Barrass claimed: “Travel agents are used to selling more than one season at a time.”

HOODED
15th Apr 2003, 04:30
Buster, this just goes to show what a state Mytravel are in! I booked a holiday with them last August and sent my final payment two weeks ago. Last week they sent a letter saying they had reviewed their flying program and had cancelled my return flight! They urged me to ring them to make alternate arangements but after an hour holding were unable to offer anything that fitted the kids school holidays so I cancelled and asked for my money back plus the owed compensation for the short notice. I was told that was fine but the cheque could take up to 28 days! Why so they could get a little interest on my money? I've had to book a new holiday at short notice and will have to pay shortly but how when I still haven't had my money back! I may have to send MyTravel a bill for the Credit Card interest I'll end up having to pay!
Perhahps the early launch for 2004 is a way of getting some money in to keep em going this year, who knows?
I certainly won't be booking with them again!