14th Apr 2003, 03:34
LOCAL PAPER " £20 MILLION EXPANSION PLANS "
WORK COMMENCING JULY THIS YEAR

May be an enlarged check-in area >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Or have they taken a leaf out of EMA and Bought some Pre fab Bulidings

King dee

HOODED
14th Apr 2003, 04:34
B'out time too with Jet2, Planetair and the usual summer charters the current terminal is struggling despite its almost continuous upgrades. T2 LBA perhahps, a new domestic only terminal?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's dificult to soar with eagles when you work for turkeys!

682ft AMSL
14th Apr 2003, 05:10
Not a new development I'm afraid, just the Bradford T&A displaying their inability to reproduce a simple press release.

LBA press release says "£20 million terminal development due for completion in July 2003"

Bradford T&A report "A new £20million scheme to build a new terminal development is due to commence in July 2003".

The development in quesiton is of course the current WIP on the entire first floor. I agree though that both check-in and arrivals do need to be looked at fairly urgently.

niknak
15th Apr 2003, 00:07
Which will open just as Finningly have snaffled half their traffic and passengers, leaving plenty of room at Leeds for the few who wish to use the place............:D :p :D

HOODED
15th Apr 2003, 02:35
Niknak, sorry but I didn't realise that Finningley would be up and running by July 03! To take half of LBA pax they'll be doing very well indeed!

682ft AMSL
15th Apr 2003, 17:27
Surely the effect of Finningley on other airports is indeterminable until we actually know who will be operating from there and where they will be flying. The impact of say Ryanair opening a base to link up with their continental bases in Frankfurt, Brussels, Bergamo etc will be completely different to say Easyjet going to AMS, AGP, BCN and so on. If they attract based units from the major tour operators, these could potentially come from MAN, EMA or LBA. Then again, they might reshuffle elsewhere in the country or they might lease/buy additional aircraf. In short, its a complete unknown.

niknak
15th Apr 2003, 18:08
Another pathetic attempt at irony fails!:p

Obviously Finningly is going to have to fight hard to get it's share of the market, and it is obvious that LBA will always be serious competition, however, the likes of Leeds and East Midlands have catchment areas which overlap Finningly's and this is where the real fight will take place - especially at Leeds where the road links to the airport from the east are still clogged up on a daily basis.
I am confident that Finningly will be successful very quickly and will be very aggressive when it comes to marketing and price structures, but not only that, it will retain the vast majority of operators and routes.
Realistically, the only airport that will suffer from expansion and development at LBA and Finningly, is Humberside, who must be very worried.

almost professional
15th Apr 2003, 19:39
its not a prefab its a marquee!, and very nice it is too-just the job until the new terminal appears, and I agree with 682 about the amount of wishfull thinking that seems to be associated with finningley at the moment