PDA

View Full Version : Do ATPL courses start in the Autumn e.g around Sep./Oct.?

Spike001
12th Apr 2003, 03:24
Hi all

I'm going to be going to the Flight Show in London tomorrow - even though i'll more than likely get an answer there, but i've been onto many aviation company websites, and looked at their ATPL groundschool courses, and so far i've only seen courses that are starting around June/July.

I ideally would want to start later this year as my job is an outside one, and i could benefit fully from the income i could make during the summer, so yea, i'm not too keen on starting on earlier courses.

I'm from South UK and just finishing off my PPL and plan to gain flight experience throughout the summer and to revise ready for ATPL.

Are they any companies that your aware of that have courses starting later this year?

Many thanks

oxford blue
13th Apr 2003, 04:28
Most large schools start a new course every 4 weeks. The one I work for certainly does. I am sure that they could offer you a course in August - and so could most of our colleagues in the business.

Spike001
13th Apr 2003, 04:36
Hi

Yep, basically similar to the answer i got today @ the Flight Show, courses start practically any time you wish - which is good news for me.
I can now gain flying experience during the summer, with the odd trip to France :ok: and revise solidly allowing me to have the necessary skills to proceed onto starting ATPL ground school.

Cheers :)