PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair NCL

Go-arounder
11th Apr 2003, 04:10
Heard on radio yesterday, interview with a spokesman for Ryanair about the NCL-DUB route, quote "it is doing so well that Ryanair are looking to start linking NCL with their other European hubs!"
Great Stuff….

richardhall99
11th Apr 2003, 04:29
Thats great news. I hope that they fly to the Scandanavian region because although Wideroe said they would try and increase the frequency on the Stavanger route they failed to do so. Newcastle's wish list features Frankfurt although Im guessing they didnt mean the Ryanair one.

transwede
11th Apr 2003, 04:48
Are they basing aircraft in NCL or are FR aircraft just passing through from the likes of Frankfurt? When can we expect an announcement of expansion and will this affect the new easy base?

Go-arounder
11th Apr 2003, 05:45
From what I can gather its aircraft from other bases routing to Newcastle, I don't think any of the Ryanair bases would be on Easy's wish list

starone
11th Apr 2003, 06:02
Go -arounder...what a fund of knowledge you are (see thread on cut price landing fees)!!!!!
The FR loads must be great, flights both directions and at odd times really good, but do you know or can you make an educated guess as to if or when they will increase the service on the route, up to 4 a day..purrleassse?

Findo
11th Apr 2003, 06:45
Prestwick - Newcastle would be just brilliant on a Saturday to see the Toon play.

Go-arounder
11th Apr 2003, 16:06
The radio report was on “metro” local radio station up here, like I said Ryanair spokesman, he seemed to imply the DUB would be getting more rotations soon. I have heard the third rotation is not that far away.
The other flights were within the next 12-15 months.

GrahamK
11th Apr 2003, 17:26
It'll be great news if it happens for Newcastle.

Buster the Bear
12th Apr 2003, 01:40
Well how about Ryanair from Newcastle to Malmo. This would serve Copenhagen and Sweden. Probably will not happen as NCL airport is run by Copenhagen airport!

lagerloutflyer
12th Apr 2003, 17:53
from what I've heard FR could do with re-jigging the timings on the late NCL flight. 2230 departure is a bit late! Extra frequency would be good for the north, as would links to Scandinavia, Germany and especially Italy.

We shall see what the harp comes up with, but its nice to see airports such as MME, NCL, BOH, LBA and the likes expanding in such big ways.