PDA

View Full Version : Module 2 - easier or harder?

November Whiskey
10th Apr 2003, 20:44
Speaking to a few people (Bristol GS comrades) whilst at Gatwick doing my Met resit yesterday and some of them commented that they had found Module 2 easier than Module 1 and that there was less volume generally. Anyone else have an opinion? I guess it depends on where your personal strengths & interests lie to some extent?

Also, in relation to the above it was mentioned that Air Law & Ops Procedures should be tackled predominately by using mock/feedback papers rather than trying to trawl through the mountains of text. Again, any comments?

Cheers,
NW

:p

FlyingForFun
10th Apr 2003, 21:27
Absolutely right.

Personally, I found Mod 2 much harder than Mod 1. That's because I'm good at undestanding things, but not at learning things. So I had no problems with Gen Nav (if you understand the principals everything else falls into place), but had nightmares about Air Law (where there is nothing to understand at all, it's just learning fact after fact after fact.) But as you say, this will depend on your personal strengths, and I think I'm probably in the minority, albeit not a small minority.

There is no doubt, though, that there is less volume on Mod 2, especially for the brush-up. That's because all of the questions are a case of ticking the right answer and moving on - there are no subjects where you need to spend 10 minutes on a single question working it out.

As for Air Law and Ops Procs, learning from the feedback definitely seems to work in way in which it doesn't for other subjects. Bristol will give you plenty of feedback, don't worry! ;)

Good luck!

FFF
---------------