PDA

View Full Version : New Start-Up?

B767300ER
10th Apr 2003, 12:51
Anyone know of the new start-up based in Ireland or UK named FreshAer?

According to World Airline Fleet News, FreshAer intends to start services this summer using B-757s and is acquiring another company's AOC. Initial destinations will include Dublin/Cork/Kerry to Birmingham,Manchester and London-Stansted.

Comments?

Robert Vesco
10th Apr 2003, 14:30
I heard about an Irish start up with 757´s aimed at the charter market.

No details though, I´m affraid.

expedite_climb
10th Apr 2003, 15:16
http://www.freshaer.com/ That'll be them then.

Also, do a search for freshaer on the forums, been plenty in recent months.

Lee-a-Roady Moor
8th May 2003, 02:01
Just been looking at the www.freshaer.com site now that its May and online bookings should have been possible. However, testing is apparently still underway. Are they really going to be operational by July??? Who are the pax going to be with no option to book?

Anyone know any more at this stage?

Smokie
10th May 2003, 02:07
757 seems a bit ambitious considering the routes.

Good luck to them though.

expedite_climb
11th May 2003, 03:03
An irish airline....

Registered office ... Ascot :cool:

mcdonnellluke
11th May 2003, 04:26
Hello
Its my bet that they will commence ops in July, any comments, as the other poster said, they are now testing thier booking systems and I think they will start taking bookings shortly. One question would be is there a timetable avadible and where are they leasing thier 757s from?
Luke

jmc_757-200
11th May 2003, 04:53
Hi,
I am already interested in flying them, at least once they start taking bookings. At the moment its between Aer Lingus and FreshAer because Ryanair's pricing on the MAN-DUB route for 3 people return is rediculous.

Thanks

jmc_757-200

Lee-a-Roady Moor
11th May 2003, 20:48
Don't know about their 757's, but there dosen't seem to be a timetable on their site. So no booking options and no timetable options available to pax. July is getting awfully close....

Powerjet1
11th May 2003, 22:28
They have been ' testing the system' for weeks, nothing new.

Lee-a-Roady Moor
13th May 2003, 03:53
So, "nothing new" presumably means no chance of booking a flight for July or even seeing a 757 in their livery in the near future...?

Scottie Dog
10th Jun 2003, 22:04
Rumour has it that slots at EGCC have all been cancelled.

Anybody heard anything more? Their website still says 'Flying from Summer 2003' and 'Booking Soon'.

Is the whole thing just becoming another airline that never got off the ground?

no, no, no
11th Jun 2003, 00:27
I'm not surprised they never got off the ground - if you haven't read their business plan on their website (if its still on) or the earlier threads about Freshaer then it really is worth it for the entertainment value.....

If you haven't read it then laughable is the only word to describe it really, full of mistakes (they talk in one bit about British Midland's "new" diamond euroclass service - it was introduced in the mid 90's and is now purely business class!) and pie-in-the sky ideas (they plan in the future to start up a big netwokr from STN - vs Ryanair!!!!!!!). They originally aplied for Heathrow slots to operate a load of Dublin, Cork, Knock, Shannon and Kerry services!!!!!! To top it off they wanted people to buy shares for around £1000 each........

And people are still surprised that they aren't yet off the ground......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lee-a-Roady Moor
11th Jun 2003, 04:12
Ah no, not too surprised really. Perhaps a bit ambitious. Their prospectus says min investment £2000. A sure bet - not!

:confused: