PDA

View Full Version : Any Air cadet Gliders....

Dan761
27th Mar 2002, 07:42
Hey, not sure if this is exactly the right forum to ask this, but i know lots of wannabe's are cadets, so here it is anyway: In April 1999 i was on a gliding scholarship at i THINK 635 VGS. Anyway they are the ones at salmesbury near Preston. I managed to get 10 hrs motor glider time there, however i then went and lost my ROS book, so i have no record of those hours, but while i was there i am pretty sure they made records of my flight time on computer. Now i am in Canada waiting to do a CPL flight test, and those 10hrs of flight time would really get me there a lot quicker. So are any wannabes reading this cadets or does anyone know of a contact number/ address for them?? Also does anyone know if there is any way of getting a copy of those hours, and how would they be verified in my logbook? In fact, can i even do this?? Well, any help much appreciated.

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Mar 2002, 14:14
Speaking as an ex VGS instructor I can say that they will have a record of your hours.. .. .First check that a motor glider of this weight can count to your CPL under whatever authority rules you are training.. .. .Second you are going to have to find the address of the ACTUAL VGS you attended - the internet shouls furnish this with about 30 seconds on Google.. .. .Thirdly thus armed you need to write to the Commanding Officer. I suggest you outline your predicament in a grovelly way and offer £50 donation to either the Sqn social fund or the British Legion Poppy appeal.. .. .The Boss MIGHT then get someone to trawl through the archives and dig out your flight history. They will need an accurate timeframe and your name as a minimum.. .. .WWW

thparkth
27th Mar 2002, 14:46
You can request a copy of all the data held about you under the Data Protection Act, for a £10 fee. Compliance with such a request is not optional for the organisation concerned.. .. .There is a good explanation of this here:. .. .<a href="http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk/dpr/dpdoc.nsf/ed1e7ff5aa6def30802566360045bf4d/9092e8f0d4b12f4d8025" target="_blank">http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk/dpr/dpdoc.nsf/ed1e7ff5aa6def30802566360045bf4d/9092e8f0d4b12f4d8025</a> 69f9003f5763?OpenDocument. .. .Since 1998 the Data Protection Act has applied to most structured paper records as well as those held on computer.

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Mar 2002, 15:04
I wouldn't go in guns blazing under the data protection act. Data can be lost.. .. .Be British about it old chap, ask nicely.. .. .WWW

TicketyBoo
27th Mar 2002, 15:33
Dan,. .. .Easiest thing is probably to write to: . .O/C 635 VGS. .BAE Salmesbury. .Preston. .Lancs.. .and repeat what you've said above.. .. .TicketyBoo.

Dan761
28th Mar 2002, 01:50
Thanks alot for the speedy, helpful replies. I will be writing tommorow.