PDA

View Full Version : Air Omega Uk?

ChiefT
9th Apr 2003, 18:40
In Germany there was a first flight of an "Air Omega UK" with a chartered Do 328JET.
Airline is obviously based in Inverness and will start flights with EMB-135.
Seems not be connected with German all cargo carrier Air Omega.

Heared, that they are hiring pilots. Start in June?

Thanks for any information.

LGWAlan
9th Apr 2003, 20:49
I vaguely recall reading something somewhere (I am thinking the article on INV in Airlinerworld a couple of months back) which mentioned kinda obliquely a new airline based at INV offering flights with perhaps a Do328JET - could this be them? If I remember rightly, AMS and PAR were mentioned along with competition to the BA route to LGW as possible routes.

Tandemrotor
9th Apr 2003, 23:58
Where's PAR?

In trim
10th Apr 2003, 00:44
I believe PAR is the designator for Paris, covering CDG/ORY.....as in LON for London which in a res system would bring up availability to all London airports.

Meeb
10th Apr 2003, 03:04
The article mentioned Sumburgh not Inverness. If this really is a new airline for Inverness why has nothing been said in the press, and why is it starting in Germany? All very strange and equally unlikely.

jethro15
10th Apr 2003, 03:23
Atlantic Airlines (Coventry) have a lease agreement with Air Omega for one, possibly two EMB120. I believe this new set up is something to do with Highland Airways (Atlantic sub) and Air Omega .

Meeb
10th Apr 2003, 03:33
The Emb120 are pure freight machines, Highland did have one doing their mail run for a while, but thats all. If this rumour is true its nothing to do with Highland, thats for sure.

Agaricus bisporus
10th Apr 2003, 09:27
Air Omega are an established helicopter operator NE of London and have been operating there for years and years.

Who are these upstarts?

Hansard
10th Apr 2003, 14:58
The helicopter company is "Aeromega", based at Stapleford and its callsign is "Omega". It's a fairly large company, well established, holds an AOC and has several police helicopter contracts.