PDA

View Full Version : West Coast 757 start up

slik willy
9th Apr 2003, 12:29
Climb to 350.com posts a 757 start up on the west coast hiring. Only thing I can figure is someone must of bought out National. Anyone know anything about this?

PaperTiger
9th Apr 2003, 14:20
US west coast ? HMY has expansion plans for Vancouver.

YYC F/A
9th Apr 2003, 14:44
HMY actually has scaled back it's flying, and has withdrawn from Calgary and Edmonton. It's probably logical, as long term HMY is focused on SE Asia out of YVR, so build up a good reputation in YVR and forget YYC and YEG.

Still, they pulled the plug on the European flying, only 3 routes now out of YVR (LAX, LAS and YYZ). Apparently they will be on higher frequency now. Also heard rumours of a 'Power by the hour' Delta 757 for back up.

It's a pity HMY pulled out of YYC and YEG, but Skyservice and Transat will fill in the gaps no doubt. Also heard that Zoom will be flying out of YYC/YEG this summer. (sorry if this is off topic!)

PaperTiger
10th Apr 2003, 00:32
HMY starts twice-daily YVR-YYZ roundtrips on May 5th. You can't sustain that for very long with 2 airplanes, and do 'sun' charters too.

In any case I think the ad may have been for this:Primaris Airlines Inc. filed documents with the U.S. Department of Transportation on Friday to begin the certification process of the airline, which would fly twin-engine Boeing 757 jets between the East and West Coasts as well as international routes.

Primaris President Mark Morris, formerly with Air One and DHL Worldwide Express, an international cargo company, said the airline would offer all first-class seats and the company's jets would be configured to hold 100 passengers.

slik willy
10th Apr 2003, 03:44
Paper Tiger, I believe it is Primaris. Can you tell me where you obtained that information on them?

PaperTiger
10th Apr 2003, 04:30
From the Las Vegas Sun (http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/archives/2003/mar/24/514846216.html?primaris), a couple of weeks back.

West Coast
10th Apr 2003, 13:17
I have heard rumors of a 75 start up out of San Diego.