PDA

View Full Version : Light at the end of the tunnel? Or just the train coming the other way!

Cruise Alt
26th Mar 2002, 15:26
I think things are looking up for us humble wannabees. I have heard some rumours that there may be recruitment around the corner. JMC and 2bob are apparently going to need some new talent and Go are no longer able to find any spare (suitable) 737 rated pilots. By autumn the rumour has it that non rated pilots will be sought. Please add any positive news you have heard to this thread. Enough doom and gloom - the sun is shining and the future is bright!. .. .(No I haven't been drinking!)

Gin Slinger
26th Mar 2002, 16:34
Splendid if true. Even if one doesn't have the experience level the aforementioned companies not doubt will be asking for, it does mean that the feeder Shed 360-type airlines will be loosing pilots to them, opening up opportunities at the lower end of the food chain for fATPLs.

smellster
27th Mar 2002, 05:28
Hopefully I'll be one of those shed-360 type feeder airline pilots to be lost, making room for you guys, then again I'm crap at interviews.. .. .So I'll probably be seeing you soon.. .. .smellster. . . . <small>[ 27 March 2002, 01:29: Message edited by: smellster ]</small>

tailscrape
27th Mar 2002, 20:02
Cruise Alt,. .. .Not sure about your info mate. I am a jmc pilot and I MAY be going to Air2000 for the summer. It is true they needed more pilots. jmc definitely do not at the minute.. .. .There are still 14 of us who are under threat of redundancy. Until that is sorted.....which wont be until October there is no way we will be recruiting.. .. .Sorry to rain on your parade, but things are still pretty dodgy to say the least. Certainly in jmc anyway.