PDA

View Full Version : HOw long for confirmation from CAA of exam booking

buzzc152
7th Apr 2003, 23:09
I sent of my ATPL exam booking form with card payment to CAA about 2 weeks ago. Haven't had a receipt or confirmation from them yet. Does it normally take this long ?

NineEighteen
8th Apr 2003, 04:43
I'm afraid so.

The CAA politely state that you can cancel a sitting as long as you inform them at least 5 working days before time....so I was particularly impressed when they hit my credit card, seemingly within hours of signing my name, and then sat on my confirmation letter for about 3.5 weeks so I received it 2.5 working days before the sitting. :*

FlyingForFun
8th Apr 2003, 16:40
Give them a call! I was in a similar situation (although I think it was closer to 2 months than 2 weeks). Spent about an hour on hold before speaking to a real person, but once I actually got to speak to someone he was very helpful and resolved the situation quickly and professionally. He made the obligatory excuse for the delay, then told me that everything was back on track and my confirmation went out "yesterday". It arrived the following morning.

FFF
-----------

moku
9th Apr 2003, 01:21
I am still waiting for my booking confirmation from the CAA. Seems
a little redundant now as I sat my exams already! A phone call to
them and 5 mins later I had the cover page faxed through... though they wasted no time in taking money from my account!

buzzc152
9th Apr 2003, 21:47
How untterly crap is the CAA !!! After spending over 30 mins on hold (and after having to navigate the ridiculous telephone system) got through to someone only to be told exams booking will be confirmed 1 week before exams. Hang on, I said, 1 week before the exams most people will be on the brush up course..... and it doesn't leave much much time to organise something if I have to travel to the other end of the country to take them.

They took my money from my account the day the recieved the booking but they can't sort out confirmations until a week before the exams (and my exams aren't until July) What a thoroughly sh*t service.

Bumfichh
20th Apr 2003, 06:25
What sort of service do you expect for ONLY £52.00 pouds a sitting, i don't know how they can afford to do them so cheap????

crispy banana
21st Apr 2003, 23:46
Hi Buzzc,
I had a similar situation to yours,twice!

As I live in the US,it often takes 2-3weeks for anything from the CAA to get to me (from anyone else its 5-6 days:hmm: )

The last two times I still had'nt received my confirmation before I left for the brushups, so I sent them an email.

I had a reply the next day stating that I was confirmed and they could send out an additional letter to wherever I was staying!

I had them send it to BGS, and within 2 days I had it.

Incidently, at BGS if you had'nt received the letter, you could put your name on a list and Noush :ok: would get them for you!

All the best,

CB