PDA

View Full Version : BA being a little economical with the truth?

TwinAisle
7th Apr 2003, 18:02
Just noticed all the hoopla on ba.com, and in High Life about the new BA services in and out of LCY. Much to the effect of "our first services from City" etc etc

If my memory serves me well, I am sure BA used to run J41s out of LCY to Sheffield.... or have I been at the booze again?

And don't get me started on the way they call this a "major expansion of services.....". I live in Cardiff!

TA

FlyboyUK
8th Apr 2003, 03:55
Twin Aisle

You are indeed right that BRAL operated J41's from Sheffield into London City for a while.

These new routes are operated by British Airways CitiExpress. Guess they forgot the old BRAL days. :mad:

And I agree with you on the expansion thing...I live in Cardiff too and have had the whole past year turned upside down.

Zeppelin
8th Apr 2003, 23:45
Seem to remember in the early nineties, Dash 7's in BA colours and speedbird callsign operating LCY-CDG

TwinAisle
10th Apr 2003, 15:02
Phew - it wasn't the booze then, I did see J41s at LCY!! Anyone out there got any thoughts as to why BA want to forget their history? Or is it the only way they can think of to put a positive spin that they no longer fly to one chunk of the UK at all, and don't fly to another chunk from their main base.....?

Or is TA just a cynic?

TA

HZ123
10th Apr 2003, 19:44
The Dash 8's were operated by BRYMON prior and during the period that they were a franchiasse of BA. You are right that there was a lot of fuss, but we haven't much else to celebrate!

CheekyVisual
11th Apr 2003, 16:08
TA - Spot on. But it's not that BA forget their history it's that they don't admit to it (especially when it gets in the way of a good press release !) or understand what it suggests ! If they did understand it they would never have created Citiexpress they've gone down that route several times already over the past 30 years !

Both Brymon and BRAL operated into LCY at one time or another so I suppose it is again the case that when it suits we are as usual not part of BA. Although now it suits at LCY we are again ! Will all change again next week without a doubt. As a little aside the SZD-LCY route was pretty much a disaster for BRAL in terms of loads and timing. They started the route just after all those lovely commuters would have to have renewed their rail season tickets and chopped the route a week before the UKs entire rail system collapsed ! Ok they couldn't have seen the second bit coming but the first bit was crucial !

As for CWL well I understand EMBs A & B are still secreated away not yet having been returned to Embraer and the 145 that went to BRS is sitting on the ramp as an uncrewed spare ! Big pay day that for them !