PDA

View Full Version : CPL after ATPL's, how did you find it?

MorningGlory
25th Mar 2002, 01:34
Recently started the JAR CPL after finishing the ATPL's, and was wondering if any of you found also that your flying skills had got a bit wobbly round the edges?. .. .Just feel as if my confidence has got up and left by parachute, I'm sure it'll get better, but I guess thats a major flaw with the modular route!

Gin Slinger
25th Mar 2002, 05:02
Morning Glory, this is a bit late for you now, but I guess it might be useful for others:. .. .One piece of advice I was given by an experienced commercial pilot when I discussed training options was if 'going modular', to leave a portion of your hour building until after ATPL's and/or MEP rating. . .. .Think this is sound logic, particularly the MEP.

Flandan
25th Mar 2002, 22:22
It's ok, you're not alone. About three quarters of the way through my CPL, post exams, and only now am I starting to feel like I can fly, despite having held a ppl for over ten years. A decade of tootling around the local area in the club 172 just didn't prepare me for the wake up call that was the CPL course. Think some productive hour building post ATPLs isn't a bad idea. Glad to hear, in a strange sort of way, that someone else's confidence is as dented as mine!