PDA

View Full Version : Is it true!?

flyboy5204
5th Apr 2003, 05:11
I may be repeating the same topic dicussed in forum but please forgive me guys.
I heard from CX new hire that " hiring ban" is gone?
Is it still going on or isn't. Can someone tell me the truth????

Thank you for your time.

FB5204

Truth Seekers Int'nl
5th Apr 2003, 18:19
i joined cathay 18 months ago - no ban has affected either my social life here in hong kong or down route. my career path is solid and i am banking bigger bucks than i ever have since starting in aviation some 7 years ago.

go figure that out !

CX S/O
7th Apr 2003, 13:03
truth seeker??

well i wish i felt the same way.

i too have been here for a while now and have not had the same "fun" that you seem to have experienced.

socially i have found the downroute parts of the job to be awful. generally the crew have treated me well, but you know what?, when you sit next to a pilot who does not talk to you for 5 hours and if he does it is answers in "yes" or "no" fashion, how are you supposed to take it. i have spent a load of time by myself, because when we hit the ground, most of the time they "have something to do" or " have friends to catch up with" or just blatantly "would rather drink with someone else" . all very polite, but i get the message loud and clear.
when back in hkg things are better, but i have to say i have caught myself more than once looking over my shoulder when in the bars late at night.
the money is ok, but hkg is an expensive place, as a s/o you have to say it is ok, but i wish i had have waited. also with all the virus stuff that is the talk of the moment, i would rather not be here.

awaiting the barrage again

s/o

raitfaiter
7th Apr 2003, 17:33
Don't cry baby, I know 49 or so guys who would love to talk to you, preferably behind the hangar! As for Truth Seekers International, those of you who don't recognize Shortlys grovelling style should read the caveat at the bottom of each page.:=

flyingkiwi
7th Apr 2003, 18:30
CX S/O

Dont know who you have been flying with but i have only had one or 2 guys like that and the way they treated the other crews on the flight deck was pretty similar. generally the crews have been great and i have very rarely not been invited out with them for drinks afterwards, in fact it has only happened with based crews who were off home.

as for the flu well that could have hit anywhere. and it affects everyone at CX not just new joiners, dont be under the illusion you could have put the start off and still had a job at CX. It does not work that way

Truth Seekers Int'nl
7th Apr 2003, 19:05
cx s/o - you are either a union plant or you have been timid in getting out and about. gotta agree with the kiwi. as for the flu can get that anywhere.

shortly
7th Apr 2003, 22:19
Oh Rait you are so awful - lol. how did you drag me into this? But now I am here the only advice I have for that poor hard done by S/O is that I am certain there are options for him/her somewhere else. Rait, I assume you are a 49er so I will cut you some slack. Behind the hangar, as an ex-military type you should know better than to encourage violent behaviour. Isn't there enough of that in the world already?. But back to the original question. The immoral, spineless, toothless ban is still in place - amazing isn't it.

gissmonkey
8th Apr 2003, 22:25
raitfaiter,

You big brave man hiding behind that keyboard.........
:p

PeterZee
9th Apr 2003, 10:41
Oh man, that CX S/O post sounds so fake....

"Dear Penthouse,

I never thought I would actually be writing this to you..."

ROTFLMAO

Surely you could make it sound a little believable?!