PDA

View Full Version : Making the move....

tincancowboy
22nd Mar 2002, 07:49
Howdy folks, I need some advice from any of you that can give me some honest answers. This includes the most experienced airline drivers to private pilots. I am in the middle of the JAA ATPL modular course. I am an EU citizen who grew up in Canada. I have experience and education. I will have over 3500 hours (all multi crew/multi turbo prop experience) when ready to make the move. I want to work in Europe within the next 2 years. Now the question. What, given the current situation and the hope things improve in the near future can I expect for jobs??? Should I continue?? Thanx in advance and good luck to ALL of you good people looking for work or training for the best job in the world. You can't beat the view.

ImNot
22nd Mar 2002, 09:04
Hi there.. .I personally can't see much in the way of good news on the horizon. Have a look at the 'Rumours and News' forum and see the thread 'Free First Officers'.. .I got my FATPL over a year ago, you do have around 6 times the hrs I have though.. . . . <small>[ 23 March 2002, 19:36: Message edited by: Im Not ]</small>

scroggs
23rd Mar 2002, 21:41
Actually, with your hours and experience, and the current improvement in the whole aviation outlook, I would think you have a fairly reasonable chance of emplyment in two years or so. I would expect the backlog of currently unemployed pilots to have disappeared by then, and the output of the then-remaining FTOs to be insufficient to feed the airlines' requirements.. .Study of the recovery after the 89/90/91 aviation recession would suggect that things will be looking pretty good by 2004.