PDA

View Full Version : Eastern - IOM - Bradford

Dewdrop
28th Mar 2003, 15:28
Eastern are starting their IOM - Bradford service this weekend (formally BA). Am I correct in assuming this will be operated by Ex BACX crew using the Knackered old Jetstreams formally used by BACX ?

judge11
28th Mar 2003, 18:12
I'm not sure about 'knackered' but certainly 'space challenged' J41s ex BACX will be on the route operated (probably) by extremely p****d-off BACX flight crew who have been 'seconded' to Eastern for probably as long as it takes to liberate Iraq.

The whole affair has been a complete disgrace from a personnel management angle and opinion has it that BACX have virtually given the J41 operation to Eastern with lease and training subsidy sweeteners and were not talking bucket loads of Canderel here!.

Oldboy
28th Mar 2003, 19:07
Would be a laff if they did land in Bradford... certainly scare the shoppers in Ivegate!

FlyboyUK
28th Mar 2003, 19:48
So is the deal signed and sealed at last??? If so they really did leave it to the last minute!

steamchicken
28th Mar 2003, 19:51
Indeed - I remember picking up my girlfriend from "Geoff Boycott International" (sorry..LBA). She hadn't been to the north before, walked out of the terminal and wondered where all the buildings had gone!

MattiW
28th Mar 2003, 21:41
I am a load controller/CSA for BACX and from speaking to the BACX J41 pilots it seems that most, if not all of them are being transferred onto the ATP fleet.

As far am I'm aware, EA are using the Ex BACX J41 (they may be a bit knackered but they break down less than the ATP's, thats for sure) and BACX on the Isle of Man are the handling agents.

Sarl
29th Mar 2003, 22:02
Matti W

I assume you work on the Isle of Man, its fairly obvious from the fact that you think 'most if not all the J41 captains are transferring to the ATP'. For your information you have one out of 12 jetstreams on the Island, that means a very small minority of the J41 flight crew. Most of the J41 captains in Newcastle and Leeds are not being transferred to other commands on other aircraft, instead they are being demoted to first officer jobs. Your comment is typical of someone that is leading a sheltered life on the island.

MattiW
30th Mar 2003, 18:42
Ahh, ok, my mistake. Infact we have about 4 ex manx airlines bacx j41 captains based on the isle of man. What I meant was that these captains have been transferred to the ATP fleet

Dewdrop
7th Apr 2003, 20:38
Are Eastern operating 41's to the Island ? when I was there the other day I thought I saw what looked like a 36 in Eastern's colours.

jethro15
7th Apr 2003, 22:48
I'm under the impression that the ATP fleet is for disposal by Sep 03, with the first three due for imminent withdrawl. Is this not correct??