PDA

View Full Version : SN Brussels Airlines achieves better than expected end year results

luchtzak
25th Mar 2003, 12:24
Hi all,

from the official press-release:

SN Brussels Airlines, the new Belgian airline that reconnects Brussels with Europe and Africa since 2002, is pleased to announce that it has achieved a better year end net result than expected. Despite the unfavorable economic climate, the company has continuously demonstrated revenue growth.

Financial highlights of 2002

• SN Brussels Airlines has generated a € 443,5 million turnover.
• The company has achieved a better than expected net result of € -36, 8 million and a better than expected available cash position of € 110 million.
• Employment was provided for 1846 people (Full Time Equivalents: 1689).
• The airline has reconnected Brussels with Europe and Africa in an innovative way.
• SN Brussels Airlines has proven to be one of Europe’s most punctual airlines.

More information http://www.luchtzak.be/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=515

greetings,

luchtzak

Dewdrop
25th Mar 2003, 12:29
The expected results must have been bad if they are trumpeting a €38 million loss !

Robert Vesco
25th Mar 2003, 15:19
Only € 38 million ?? It´s still nothing compared to Swiss´s 980 million Swiss Frank (http://www.baz.ch/news/index.cfm?Key=Wirtschaft&KeyID=02FAED07-AC4E-423C-90C2AC226F4B680D) loss ! :eek: :eek:

Jobs-a-Goodun
25th Mar 2003, 15:20
So I guess that means that the Belgian governments budget deficit widened again this year then???? :p :p

luchtzak
25th Mar 2003, 15:27
980 million Swiss Francs,

how much is that in Euro's?

thanks,

luchtzak

MarkD
25th Mar 2003, 16:18
980m SFr: about 660-665m Euro...

Ouch!

bakedbean
28th Mar 2003, 17:21
Well with the assistance of BRU airtraffic control I should think they were turning a profit. I am a very regular visitor to BRU and have not been happy at the way we seem to be manipulated to give right of way to S Tail traffic .i.e. Extended vectors on approach and different holding points on departure. What I also never hear is S Tail 321 you have a slot I will call you back in 45min ( that may be S mode transponder stuff). But during a 25 min hold some weeks back I observed not one S Tail on freq in the 20 or so A/C we must have heard leave and arrive. I did visually with the aid of TCAS see S Tail traffic go directly below the stack and onto the approach. It would seem in the heart of europe the airtraffic controllers are making sure their taxes are spent grudgingly. ;) ;) ;)

twieke
28th Mar 2003, 17:49
Bakedbean,

I have strong doubts about that favouritism in BRU. In fact, I am pretty sure that it's not true.
I had that same impression at other airfields e.g. BA at LHR, AF at CDG, IB at MAD etc...
Isn't it possible that one gets that impression because there are just more aircraft of a company on its home turf.

About those ac in the stack. A few weeks ago we were in the hold for over 45min. We were flying one of the few cat2 ac and were waiting for our vis. Having spent 30 min in the CIV hold we got the required vis and started app. Before we were well on our way the vis dropped again and we were sent to the Kerky hold. All the cat3 ac were doing their app in the mean time. We arrived in the Kerky hold after a few other ac. When vis improved again we were cleared for the app, before another ac in the Kerky hold. That ac (BA) was in the hold for about 5 min. So, yes, we arrived after the BA in the Kerky hold, but had allready spent 40 minutes looking down at the fog over BRU.

Just to say that not everything is what it seems.

Regards,
Twieke

airDD
28th Mar 2003, 22:31
Bakedbean,

Well, BRU ATC,called BelgoControl, is a shareholder in SNBA.
This might explain favoritism towards SNBA ;)

airDD

bakedbean
29th Mar 2003, 03:14
AirDD thanks and yes that would explain what I have observed.:D :D
twieke I really have spent a lot of time at BRU and my comments are based on much experience there. I have also spent some time in CDG using my own and AF call sign...lovely using the AF one.:D :D