PDA

View Full Version : Private Pilots Forum Drinks Poll.......

BRL
25th Mar 2003, 09:35
Time for food and drinks with you all.

London will be the location all you have to do is say when.....

Over to you....... :D

In Altissimus
25th Mar 2003, 10:52
:} Where's the 'YES' button? :}

singaporegirl
25th Mar 2003, 13:15
Charming as you all are(!), I'd rather go flying, so pick the day with the worst weather. :cool:

[That's four consecutive Saturdays of drinking and chat, then ;) ]

AerBabe
25th Mar 2003, 13:21
If I could find somewhere to stay...
If it was a pub that served nice tap water (cos I can't afford anything else :O )...
If singapore girl brings her frogs'n'tofu snacks...

...then 3rd May is the only date I could do.

Any interest in a non-London, maybe slightly further up the M1, Private Flying drinks session?

iainpoll
25th Mar 2003, 14:46
3 may is good for me.....cant wait!

Iain

singaporegirl
25th Mar 2003, 15:44
Aerbabe,

You'd be welcome to stay with me. Can't guarantee frogs 'n' tofu for breakfast, as most of the inhabitants of the pond will still be at the tadpole stage by then, but I'm sure I could rustle up some other delicacies. :p

As for drinks, I'm sure you won't be short of offers...:D

FlyingForFun
25th Mar 2003, 15:47
Hmm, no way to vote for more than one date...

3rd is fine for me (even though I voted for 10th), but the Farnborough visit is the next day. Oh well :)

FFF
-----------

rustle
25th Mar 2003, 15:48
singaporegirl

"...I'm sure I could rustle up some other delicacies..."

:O

Can you leave my "delicacies" out of this? :p

Lost_luggage34
28th Mar 2003, 10:47
This missing option - All of the above !!

i.e. I'd happily chat about planes, drink beer until the cows come home. Not the concrete ones of course.

G SXTY
28th Mar 2003, 16:34
3rd of May is good for me!

B.I.A.A. - nice teeth mate, where did you get them? :}

In Altissimus
28th Mar 2003, 16:55
G SXTY

Isn't is nice of the 'powers that be' to provide an icon just for me:} :} :}

I may bring my gum-shield this time.

singaporegirl
28th Mar 2003, 18:34
rustle,

Terribly sorry if I've unthinkingly ridden rough-shod over you and your delicacies...:ooh:

You've just reminded me of a recipe for long-simmered ox 'delicacy' with Chinese wolfberries. Apparently good for men who have, er, stamina problems...

Anyone for Rocky Mountain oysters? :p

BRL
28th Mar 2003, 20:50
Got a plan for on the day. Anyone want to go up on the London eye say at about 12midday???? Have a spin in that then go and have some lunch and meet the others? Anyone? Have not been on it yet and am thinking of doing it so therefore can kill two birds with one stone......

iainpoll
28th Mar 2003, 21:05
Will brother grim likely to be joining us?

If I hadn't held him back, the barmans teeth may have appeared thus:}

Bit like BIAA in other words:cool:

singaporegirl
29th Mar 2003, 23:26
BRL

The London Eye is good - well worth going on. I think you need to buy tickets in advance to guarantee a particular day and time slot - they sell them for slots of one hour (eg 10-11am). There are usually some on the day but you have to get there early and they may run out of a particular time slot that you want, especially on a bank holiday Saturday.

But as there aren't many tourists around at the moment it might be easier (though hopefully the war will be over by then :( ).

Saab Dastard
30th Mar 2003, 23:25
can kill two birds with one stone......
BRL, what have AerBabe and Singapore Girl done, then? :)

3rd May is probably best for me too, as the 1st officer ('er indoors, aka Mrs. Dastard :p ) has already booked the 10th - or so she claims!

I've been on the eye - if the viz is good it's a faulous view, if not, save your money for another day

Cheers

SD

FlyingForFun
31st Mar 2003, 16:09
I'm definitely up for that. Although if we're doing the London Eye we'll want a day with good weather..... :)

FFF
---------------

iainpoll
6th Apr 2003, 03:42
Did not want this posting to vanish without trace, hey BRL how about making it a sticky?:cool:

PPRuNeUser0171
11th Apr 2003, 05:26
singaporegirl - You can buy London Eye tickets on the day, Normally you will have to buy your 'flight' about an hour or two ahead of your arrival time and you need about 30 mins to queue up.

There are some nice coffee shops near by and the NFT bar just round the corner.

I've been to other events held around there and it's good fun, especially if the weather is hot as you get the breeze from the river.

Gary.

BRL
17th Apr 2003, 21:08
Unstuck and back to the top..... :)

iainpoll
23rd Apr 2003, 23:45
So who's a definate for this then?:)

AerBabe
24th Apr 2003, 00:13
Me, for a while, but I've something important to do later... so can't stay late. :ok:

iainpoll
24th Apr 2003, 18:29
Any ideas for a venue then, surely the Founders arms would have forgotten about us by now, and I dont remember being officially 'barred'!:E :E

Come on everyone, the two previous bashes have been absolutely great:ok:

FlyingForFun
24th Apr 2003, 18:37
Well, I'll be there. Just tell me where and when!

Unfortunately, I have heard a rumour that BRL will not be able to make it, which means that someone else will have to pick the location. Fortunately, the fact that BRL won't be able to make it means that unless Grim Reaper 14 turns up, there is a good chance that Iain is right, and the staff at the Founders Arms won't remember us!

FFF
--------------

Penguina
25th Apr 2003, 00:19
Seeing as I'm familiar with lots of the pubs on the south bank(near work), I could maybe show my face for a while... maybe not ever again afterwards, by the sound of it though! ;) How do I recognise you? White scarves and goggles? Or something a bit more conspicuous? :D

AerBabe
25th Apr 2003, 00:22
I'll probably wear 'that' t-shirt... and I'm sure FFF will give you his phone number. Personally I wouldn't take it, so you can have mine instead if you like. BTW, I think your skills may be required in the bashes forum.....

I dunno though, a bit of fancy dress might go down well. Grow bag anyone? :ok:

BRL
25th Apr 2003, 00:38
Aye, its true. My mum needs to get away for a while and insists she comes to visit me that weekend. Also puts me out of the farnboro' and the gatwick museum/mini bash thingy. :( :{ :( :{

iainpoll
25th Apr 2003, 00:41
Well then, shall we say the Founders arms at about 13:00 BST?

In the (highly unlikely) event they wont serve FFF ;) then its only a two minute walk to the next pub along...

Any other ideas anyone?:)

BRL - poxy excuse - bring her along:E

BRL
25th Apr 2003, 00:48
Ian Trust me when I say I can't bring her. Nothing worse than a drunk mum L :ooh:

singaporegirl
25th Apr 2003, 01:41
Hopefully I can make it, though probably not as early as 1pm. Can someone remind me where the Founders Arms is?

Sounds like there may be more women than men, especially if BRL brings his mum. ;)

iainpoll
25th Apr 2003, 02:09
BRL, how about if I ask my missus to take her shopping?:rolleyes:

wobblyprop
25th Apr 2003, 22:42
founder's arms is good for me on the third. Where is it?

Rgds

Wobbers

pilotwolf
26th Apr 2003, 06:31
I ll be there too! But also need an early night as it ll be the 3rd night of partying in a row and have important business on the Sunday...

AB I m up for you wearing a growbag - I might even wear mine too. :p

skua
29th Apr 2003, 00:09
I might be up for it. What time were you intending on leaving the Founders for a ruby, or some other entertainment?

Skua

Bluebeard2
29th Apr 2003, 04:23
May 3rd is great for me:cool:

Not sure if the Founders Arms is a good idea but, hey, we can always have a sweepstake on how long it takes before we get chucked out ;)

wobblyprop
29th Apr 2003, 16:53
the founders arms is here (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=531825&Y=180514&A=Y&Z=1)

eveepee
29th Apr 2003, 20:37
Since I can't make the Gatwick minibash I hope to be there (but not as early as 1.00pm)...Will be accompanied by my daughter as we are shopping in the morning..its OK she can drink me under the table....so 2 more women !:D

FlyingForFun
29th Apr 2003, 21:04
Anyone who hasn't been to one of these before and isn't sure how you're going to find us, e-mail or PM me if you want my mobile number to call.

Not sure exactly what time I'll be arriving. I'll be recovering from the mini-GatBash the previous night, so it'll probably depend what time the hotel kick me out! ;)

E-mail me before 8pm on Thursday, PM me before 5pm on Friday - I won't have access to the internet after these times.

FFF
-----------

Saab Dastard
30th Apr 2003, 04:25
Still hope to join you all but not until about 16:00 local.

You may have been chucked out of the Founders by then, so I'll have to get a contact no. from someone - FFF?

I tell you what, I'll wear my PPRuNe badge on my growbag to be sure to be sure!

Cheers

SD

iainpoll
30th Apr 2003, 05:25
Anyone gets lost, my mobile is 07717204994. I've now got a fancy camera phone, so no one will be safe:) :)

I'll be there about 12:00 Zulu:)

FlyingForFun
30th Apr 2003, 16:41
Saab, you've got my number already - I e-mailed it to you in case you need to contact me abotu the Farborough visit!

E-mail me if you've lost it, I can send it again.

FFF
--------------

FlyingForFun
2nd May 2003, 17:32
Looking forward to tomorrow.... and looking forward to it even more now, because it's also going to double as my celebratory bash for having passed my IMC skills test! :ok:

Hope to see loads of you there!

FFF
-----------

iainpoll
2nd May 2003, 18:24
Top man FFF, well done. When you gonna start the CPL?

See you tomorrow.
:)

foghorn
2nd May 2003, 18:31
See you all in the Founders Arms - I should be there from 2-ish.

FlyingForFun
2nd May 2003, 23:35
Cheers Iain - will catch up properly tomorrow, but CPL likely to be in November I think.

FFF
-------------

BRL
6th May 2003, 16:39
So what happened??? Was it that bad that no-one has posted??????? Or are you all still locked up???? :ooh: :uhoh: :D

FlyingForFun
6th May 2003, 17:48
Yes, still locked up, that's it..... Having trouble typing this, arms seem unable to move, probably something to do with these hand-cuffs and... oh dear.......

I think I have some photos somewhere, but haven't had a chance to get them on-line yet. Here's a Pirep to keep you amused, though:

It's always fun to have two bashes on two consecutive days. The morning started with AerBabe, Pilotwolf and I saying goodbye to the rest of the previous night's Mini GatBash crew, arranging accomodation for dogs, and playing musical cars. Finally, some time shortly after the bash was supposed to start, all pets had been placed with owners parents, vehicles had been left where they would be required the next morning, and the only thing which was left to do was transport ourselves to the pub.

We arrived at Paddington station, and got a call from Iainpoll, who was already at the bash, and had reserved a table for us, but was doing his best impression of somone with no friends. Not to worry - we confidently told him that we'd be about half an hour. And, half an hour later, we arrived to find that he'd lost the table when he had to go to the toilet. :rolleyes: Still, we managed to make ourselves look menacing enough that the other drinkers soon started leaving, and we had our table back. :ok:

Gradually, the others started arriving. In no particular order (because I don't remember the order they all arrived!), Eveepee and her daughter showed off the fruits of their afternoon shopping, Singaporegirl proved that she hadn't been scared off by our drunken antics at the last Private Flying bash, Saab Dastard added to the bald contingent, and Skua... well, Skua turned up at some point too.

By now, we were starting to get a little to large for our table. Which wasn't a problem, because the table next to us was free, so we did a bit of re-arranging of the furniture. This didn't go down too well with the bar-staff, who were worried about "wheelchair access". Now I'm all for wheelchair access, but the path on which these tables were situated was big enough for a bus, let alone a wheelchair! Still, we decided that being kicked out of the Founders Arms for the second time in a year was a bad move, so instead we moved on to Doggetts.

The short walk along the river bank took a little longer than expected because we were distracted by the street performers. One particularly interesting event was the backwards bicycle - turn the handlebars left, and the wheel turns right. Anyone could have a go - just pay the nice man £1, ride the bike about 10 yards through a couple of cones, and win £20. It looked harder than it sounds! But we did eventually make it to Doggetts, only to discover that we'd lost Iainpoll. He turned up a little later, having had several goes on the backwards bicycle, and lost. Next time we have a bash, if anyone decides to do anything embarassing like that after everyone else has moved on so that we can't watch+laugh, we'll have to arrange some suitable punishment :ouch: :D

Gradually, people started leaving. Eve's daughter had a party to get to. Singaporegirl had an important dinner date. AerBabe and Pilotwolf decided to get some sleep because they had some important business to attend to at 3am the next morning. But the party was far from over - Penguina and her boyfriend met us after having been fed a huge lunch by her sister's boyfriend, and the drinks continued to flow. Finally people started leaving, until it was just Penguina, her boyfriend and I, and with threats of missing the last train approaching fast, we went for a walk along the river to catch our trains home.

So we nearly had broken teeth when Iainpoll fell off his bike. We nearly got kicked out of the pub. We certainly kept the bash going for a respectable length of time! The only thing which was missing was Big Red L's ability to take drunkeness to new and better extremes!

FFF
--------------

eveepee
6th May 2003, 18:46
FFF has just about said it all (very well indeed too), although he omitted to say how "hung over" some people looked...not mentioning any names, you understand ! - I conclude the Gatwick MiniBash was a great success.
He also failed to mention his (almost) early bath in the Thames when Iainpoll decided it was time for him to show his swimming skills to the rest of us....shame the railings were just that little too high...they made it up though and toddled off to the loo together.

:D

The meeting, not to mention the shandy, was just what the
gals (!) needed after a hard days shopping..me feet were killing me!! Great to meet eveyone again.

iainpoll
6th May 2003, 23:24
Great bash. Can't really add much as FFF said it all:ok:

Oh, yeah, do you really think I was gonna let you lot witness my humilliation on the 'backwards bicycle'? I'm sure it was hard enough sober......:{

Oh dear, they get you into trouble these bashes!

singaporegirl
7th May 2003, 01:30
It was surprisingly (disappointingly?) civilised after last time ;) , but good to meet up with old and new faces. Aerbabe and I decided to add children to our list of favourite ingredients...:p

I did consider trying to lace FFF or Saab Dastard's drinks with something to knock them out so I could go to Farnborough, but thought that the rate they were going at it wouldn't be necessary. (:( Never underestimate the drinking capacity of a Pprune member :rolleyes: )

Saab Dastard
7th May 2003, 17:22
We want photos

WE WANT PHOTOS

WE WANT PHOTOS

WE WANT PHOTOS

Please? FFF?

You have got to post the heads, at least!

Cheers

SD

iainpoll
7th May 2003, 19:09
We want the HEADS:O

Saab, FuFu, and me!!

FlyingForFun
7th May 2003, 20:50
Yes, yes, yes. The heads will be posted.

But not until I get more than 2 minutes at home to sort them out!

Expect to get everything on-line on Thursday night, so I'll either post then, or Friday morning. So you'll just have to wait :)

FFF
-----------

FlyingForFun
9th May 2003, 16:16
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for....

<drum roll>

FFF's Bash Pics! (http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/deandashwood/lst?.dir=/Private+Flying+bash&.view=t) (You will notice that I posted the heads as the first pic - didn't want you to have to wait any longer for them!)

FFF
--------------

iainpoll
9th May 2003, 18:22
Thanks for that FFF,

My, god...........how embarassing:(

My favourite is 'Penguina brings drinks', I mean what more can you ask for, a beautiful blonde..............bringing beer:ok::ok: :ok:

Penguina
9th May 2003, 20:01
:hmm: One feels one's reputation cheapens one... totally undeserved, of course... ;)

You're beautiful too, Iainpoll! :p

FlyingForFun
14th May 2003, 16:42
Penguina, no one gets a reputation they don't deserve. I should know :hmm:

I also have some cleavage photos which I could be persuaded to publish, too....

(Iain - down boy!)

FFF
-------------

Saab Dastard
14th May 2003, 20:08
FFF

I don't think we are that keen to see your cleavage, actually!

:)

SD

BRL
14th May 2003, 21:09
Who cares.!!!!!!! Post them anyway. You have my full permision, post away.....!! :ok:

iainpoll
14th May 2003, 22:15
come on FuFu, put up or shut up!;) ;)

AerBabe
15th May 2003, 06:13
Have you any idea how difficult it is to get three thinning guys, in various states of inebriation, to line up for a photo?? :*

FlyingForFun
15th May 2003, 16:20
I don't know what you're talking about, AerBabe :rolleyes:

Anyway, the first few cleavage pics are on-line. More to follow shortly ;) Including a nipple-shot :ok:

FFF
-------------

Evo
15th May 2003, 16:43
Anyway, the first few cleavage pics are on-line. More to follow shortly Including a nipple-shot

Must be a slow day at work... ;) :D

FlyingForFun
15th May 2003, 16:50
Must be a slow day at work:D No - actually, the pics are all at home, and it was a busy night last night. Only got time to do a few of these. So I'll have to do the rest tonight when I have more time!

FFF
-----------

FlyingForFun
16th May 2003, 20:24
The more observant (or bored) amongst you may have already noticed that the rest of the pictures were added to the website last night - enjoy!

FFF
-------------