PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair & EasyJet Question

ERJ - Jay
20th Mar 2002, 18:51
This is a general request for information in regards to Ryanair and EasyJet. Does anyone know what it is like to work for these carriers? While they have aircraft on order, are they hiring, or just collecting fees? I currrently have a nice job, but the pay is poor, and am interested in flying larger equipment, and was wondering what anyone would know about these "Southwest" type carriers. Also, what about their type courses, why do they cost so much? While I'm reluctant to go out and get a type just to apply, I'm loath not too only to pay alot later. Any advice would be greatly apprecaiated.. .Sincerely,. .Jason. .ERJ - 135/145 FO . [email protected]

scroggs
20th Mar 2002, 22:57
Don't get these two companies confused. Ryanair charges for application, interview, sim check and type rating, and then pays 50% of the standard salary for the first (I think) 18 months. Easyjet does none of these things. Both of these carriers are recruiting heavily, but both prefer type rated and type experienced pilots. Don't go and get a rating in order to apply, it'll be worth little.. .You'll need to have the right to live and work in the EU, and a JAA ATPL, but I assume you know that.

Matthewjharvey
20th Mar 2002, 23:31
I'd tough it out with Co Ex for a while if I were you.

ERJ - Jay
20th Mar 2002, 23:52
Depends if you have an English wife who hates CLE and would like to be closer to family. BTW 50% of thier standard wage is 3X what I make now. Paying for a 73 type is required to be hired by Southwest anyway. A probationary salary would be expected at any carrier. Any information on how it is to work for these carriers?

Dutchie
21st Mar 2002, 01:24
You pay inderectly with these companies throug bonding or similar constructions. The main difference is that they do the training rather than you going out on the market yourself to find a sim.. .. .Good luck